“Beyond expectations”
Review of Hotel Contempo

Hotel Contempo
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I recently went to Nicaragua to see a new house that a friend had built. He and another friend got to Managua a couple hours earlier than I did. They had dinner at Contempo while they waited for me. When I arrived at about ten PM they were in the lobby as was the chef. My friends had mentioned that I was coming late and the chef and his staff decided to wait because they knew that I would not have gotten any food on the flight down. They prepared a fantastic meal for me, which by US standards was very inexpensive. I felt a bit guilty that they stayed so late for me, but I think they really just did it because that's just they way they are. The room was fine, everything at the hotel was kept up nicely, and the whole staff was just as pleasant as could be. We left the next afternoon for my friends house on the Pacific, but if I had stayed at Contempo a few days longer I would have been very happy. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Can't really say.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Edward S

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Gorgeous hotel - very chic in design, clean lines of white architecture, wonderful staff, tranquil surroundings, amazing restaurant. I think I will move in here permanently when I win the lottery. I've tried about five of the 23 suites at Hotel Contempo. 18 more to go.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is hidden in a neighborhood just off the main highway (C. Masaya)

It is spotless. It is world class.
It is unexpected. The food service was slow but even the food was perfect. There is one big room that has an Infiniti tub and BIG bed. It is worth fighting for and whatever they are charging.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel a lot. Everyone was very nice and helpful. It was a little further from the city center than we had been expecting, but it was an enjoyable stay. The food at the restaurant was good and our room was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melody0824
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I live in Southern Pacific coast Nicaragua. My husband had a surfing accident requiring an arduous drive to Hospital Metropolitan in Managua and an overnight stay. After he was checked in I called Contempo to see if they had a room for me. Upon arriving, I was given a much appreciated glass of white wine. Even though the restaurant was officially closed and the staff cleaning up, they cajoled a delicious chicken Caesar salad from the off duty chef. Staff goes out of their way to make you comfortable, restaurant is excellent and rooms soothing and quiet

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel has amazing staff. They went above and beyond for us, hands down the best hotel service we've ever received. They also had very good food and good amenities. We realized this was more a business hotel as it was not really an activity hotel and we were there for our honeymoon, hoping for some nightly entertainment. However we still enjoyed it and give it a 5/5 rating. Anyone looking to stay in Managua should definitely stay at Hotel Contempo. We loved it and would like to return one day. We miss the staff already!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My stay at Contempo was truly pleasant. The staff is fantastic. Beginning with Jaime Osorio, the manager, Daria Mitrofana, the hostess, who made me feel at home and the waiters at restaurant. The hotel is just like an oasis in Manágua. The restaurant is wonderful. Food is really first quality and very tasty. I would recommend it for people looking for an exclusive hotel, a quiet place and very relaxing. I was traveling alone, but I can imagine is a wonderful place for people traveling together and in love. There's privacy and beauty. The pool is not big, but located in a very special location, with trees and a garden and you can really swim.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different and you must clarify what kind of decoration you prefer.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank loussia f
Travelers also viewed these Managua hotels
Barcelo Managua
Hyatt Place Managua
Hyatt Place Managua
#1 of 50 in Managua
Gran Pacifica Beach and Golf Resort

Been to Hotel Contempo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Contempo

Address: Carretera a Masaya, Km 11 | 400 metros al Oeste, Residencial Las Praderas, Managua 14293, Nicaragua
Location: Nicaragua > Managua Department > Managua
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Price Range: $110 - $178 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Contempo 4*
Hotel Contempo is a luxury boutique design hotel unique in Managua, Nicaragua. It's the perfect place to enjoy a cosmopolitan experience with style, intimacy and a distinctive warm service. Our 24 stylish rooms, all with different designs inspired by Nicaraguan themes, boast distinctive elegance and the feel of a private residence, intimate and comfortable. The acclaimed Restaurante Azul located inside Contempo offers a unique culinary and visual experience that inspires your senses. Our chef uses organic local ingredients to bring out the best flavors in our dishes. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Contempo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.