“Revisited”
Review of Hotel Contempo

Hotel Contempo
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed February 5, 2013

One year later: the manager acknowledged the screw up from my first visit and gave me a $100 credit. Last month I basically filled the hotel with guests for my wedding. The entire staff was flawless. Service was incredible. Food was outstanding. Two small events were handled without a single problem. Every one of my 30 guests was very impressed and loved the place.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank termnalvee

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Returning late from Esteli, I needed one night in Managua to catch an early flight the next day. I used Trip Advisor and found Hotel Contempo. What a delight. From the kind welcome and check in to the very cool 'one of a kind' rooms with all the great amenities I was so impressed. Then I had the best filet mignon I had tasted while in Central America in their very posh yet reasonable restaurant. I finished off my evening enjoying a 'Janneson' world class cigar from Esteli by the secluded poolside. This property could easily be a winner alongside South Beach hotels in Miami. I will always plan a day or so at Hotel Contempo on all my trips through Managua.

Room Tip: Look at a few, they are all unique.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I live on the beach in Nicaragua, but every time we have to go to the city, we treat ourselves to a night at Contempo! It is a very well-run hotel with an excellent staff and service. The rooms are immaculate, the beds are soft, the pool is terrific, and all of the amenities are great. The restaurant is delicious - try their stuffed french toast for breakfast! We rate this hotel very high, and not simply for Central America, but for anywhere in the world!

Room Tip: Each room is unique! Many of the rooms have a few stairs separating the sitting room from the sleep...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was the best hotel I've stayed at in Central America and actually, most places around the world! Staff were friendly, rooms were unbelievably comfortable (ahhh that bed!). Food was incredible from the restaurant. The price can't be beaten... I have paid double the amount for 1/4 of the experience. Well done Hotel Contempo, keep up the fantastic work!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Third world country? I don't think so...this hotel blew my mind. Boutique, contemporary and shockingly modern it was fantastic from check-in through complementary breakfast on departure. Loved the bar area and service complete with an airport shuttle for a nominal fee. Room was luxuriously appointed and a welcome treat after the jungle. Morning shower was not as hot as we had hoped, but after reminding ourselves it was Nicaragua, we got over it. And will be back.

Room Tip: Am told every room is unique so be sure to ask questions to get the amenities, setting, bed you want...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SusieQpacific
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a hidden gem in the hustle and bustle of Managua. The modern Boutique style hotel was a welcome oasis for us for one night before returning to Canada. It happened to be New Years Eve. The rooms were most comfortable and the staff very helpful and accomodating. we had the best breakfast of our whole trip there, and a swim, befor the free shuttle took us to the airport. Congratulations Himie and Marlon. keep up the good work. DB.

Room Tip: Rooms 12 and 13 were most comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

It was our last night in Nicaragua, so we thought the romantic escape deal with dinner and massages would be a fun way to spend the night (particularly because you don't want to wander around Managua at night!). The room was very nice and "romantically" decorated (although one of the candles holders on the floor got kicked and we had to clean up the glass).
Anyway, the massages never materialized. We waited all day, and after many vists to the desk, the best they could suggest was that maybe the masseuse would show up after 8 pm...maybe. So, they gave us a $25 credit. It would have been cheaper to get a standard room with jacuzzi and just order off the menu. Not a big deal, but a little disappointing.
Also....the one public computer does not have a printer attached to it, so we couldn't print boarding passes after checking in on-line. The result was an extra hour in line at the airport just to get boarding passes.
Very clean and modern property. Nice little pool, friendly staff, and the chef at the restaraunt was apparently professionally trained. We had an early flight out the next day, and they were happy to put togther a breakfast to go for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Managua hotels
3 mi away
Hyatt Place Managua
Hyatt Place Managua
#1 of 50 in Managua
Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua

Been to Hotel Contempo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Contempo

Address: Carretera a Masaya, Km 11 | 400 metros al Oeste, Residencial Las Praderas, Managua 14293, Nicaragua
Location: Nicaragua > Managua Department > Managua
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Price Range: $120 - $176 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Contempo 4*
Hotel Contempo is a luxury boutique design hotel unique in Managua, Nicaragua. It's the perfect place to enjoy a cosmopolitan experience with style, intimacy and a distinctive warm service. Our 24 stylish rooms, all with different designs inspired by Nicaraguan themes, boast distinctive elegance and the feel of a private residence, intimate and comfortable. The acclaimed Restaurante Azul located inside Contempo offers a unique culinary and visual experience that inspires your senses. Our chef uses organic local ingredients to bring out the best flavors in our dishes. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Contempo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.