“nice place.”

Hotel Boutique Villa Maya
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Vacation time with my 21 year old son,great place away from city but close at the same time.Kenia is the best she runs the place very well. The only problem is the food very price and lousy if you just want to sleep there you are fine.To my paisana Guatemalteca do something about the menu.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank caca05
VillaMaya, Propietario at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear guests:

I take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to serve you. Thanks to your reviews, we were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2012 from Trip Advisor. This award commits us to pursue further in our efforts to make a difference in the type of hotel services provided by the tourism industry in Nicaragua.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I had an 8 night stay in a room with a double bed on the first floor. The two young women running the hotel did a really great job making sure I was comfortable during my stay.

The hotel is just a few turns off the main road, and is in a great location if you plan on taking a drive to Masaya or Granda. It was just down the road from the Galerias Mall and many restaurants. It is located in a pretty quiet and safe neighborhood and is gated for extra safety.

The breakfast every morning was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. I was little worried that the room would be hot with the high temperature in Managua, but the air conditioner was very powerful and kept the room cold and was very quiet. I would highly suggest the hotel for business, solo travelers, and couples. There are only 8 rooms and the hotel is very quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. When I didn't feel like eating at the hotel or going out they were able to order fast food to my room! The WIFI was surprisingly fast for Managua.

The only minor problems that I had:
- The hot water one day was not working, but was fixed by the end of the day. For some reason the water was usually only hot mid-day, even though there was only one other room occupied.
- Coming in and out of the hotel you need to have the gate opened. The only time this becomes a real problem is if you plan on returning very late at night.

I've stayed at the Barcelo Managua and it is not even close to how great this hotel is. In my opinion it is by far one of the best values you can get in Managua. I hope that the hotel owner checks this review because the young ladies running the hotel are doing a fantastic job. They are very friendly and went above and beyond! They even got up at 4am to fix me a breakfast to take to the airport on my last day. I'd also like to find out the syrup they use on the pancakes because it has to be one of the most delicious I've ever tasted!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Astroph

Reviewed March 30, 2011

I visit Nicaragua 3 or 4 times a year and have always stayed at the Princess Managua Hilton or the Intercontinental. This time I decided to try a smaller hotel outside the loud and sometimes dangerous downtown Managua. I stayed for 15 days (and watched the Super Bowl in my room).
I am happy to say I made the right decision on the Super Bowl and the Villa Maya!!!!!!!

The whole staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. I had many, many meals there and Sra. Rosario is the best. The service was excellent. The ambiance was excellent. And after my normal $2000 a week at the other places, I was amazed at how much I saved.

Everything super satisfactory. I have many friends in Nicaragua and everyone was impressed.

I SHALL RETURN!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khboking1

Reviewed March 20, 2011

This place is a great deal. The owner is an US-educated attorney who seems to understand what Western travelers are looking for, and using his detailed oriented legal skills to run a tight ship with attention to all facets of the business:)

The place itself is clean, in a safe neighborhood, and looks like an old estate home with a beautiful pool and classic wood furniture. Turns out it actually was the owner's home until his kids went off to college about 1.5 years ago:) I loved hanging out by the pool (although they should probably get someone to clean what collects on top from time to time). I played the role of the pool boy two times. The grounds/home is quite beautiful!

I think the hotel is extremely affordable for what it offers, Giselle (she works at the front desk and does housekeeping) is amazing and whenever I would grab some drinks/order food she would bring out some glasses/ice/table setting, etc), and they are very laid back overall (left a few sodas/beer in the fridge) which I would grab from time to time.

One possibly negative thing is that sometimes the shower wouldn't warm up. But I think this happens across the board in Nicaragua. And honestly, I didn't mind the not so hot showers as Nicaragua is pretty hot!

Keep it up guys (but please fix the hand soap dispenser in our room:)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 3, 2011

when we arrived at Hotel Boutique Maya, the first thing you notice is the enchanting gardens throughout the property... it doen't feel like you're in the city. there were 13 of us and the location was ideal, only 5 minutes from Managua, on carretera Masaya the main road that takes you to the Volcanos, Caterina, Masaya (Artisan Market), and Granada (the colonial city). The Hotel was sparklin clean always, the staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs (special thanx to Sra.Rosario). My husband and I were able to experience 2 rooms, a standard room and the suite, they were both amazing, very roomy, furniture was beautiful, the individual decoration of each room with its original art works of local artists and some of the owners.. but the suite had a beutiful balcony with gorgeous views where we enjoyed breakfast in the mornings :)
The only struggle I saw them having was serving breakfast to 13 people at once on a timely matter, I think with big groups an extra hand in the kitchen would be helpful, or even making it buffet style breakfast. But the personalization of the service was wonderful and that's what made this place feel like home to me.
We had very busy days and it was great for the group to unwind on the patio or by the pool every night with a glass of wine. We are really hoping to come back to this peace of heaven again!

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Friends who were getting married in Managua chose this hotel for us. The hotel, a home refurbished by the owners for a new purpose, was comfortable. The rooms varied in size and furnishings. There was no sitting area in the single room. Not that we would want to stay in our room when the sun was shining with a cooling breeze most days. There were porches on three sidea of the house, and two inside areas that were available for lounging. Breakfast was taken on the porch at the back of the house. The AC in the rooms was nice at night, since not all rooms would catch the breeze.

The neighborhood was quiet at night except for an occasional barking dog or distant siren. There was a very, very small stand/store in walking distance. To reach restaurants, shopping, or sites a car or taxi would be necessary. Our friends had our touring activities all planned out, so I cannot speak to how near or far it was to highlights in the area. I am afraid we might have disturbed other guests at night, as we were often up late talking about our adventures. I think it is quite unusual for the hotel to have larger groups like ours, and so is normally probably very quiet... more like a bed and breakfast in the USA/Canada.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Kenia, daytime front desk person was very helpful in making taxi and other arrangements. She and Guiselle, evening front desk person, were usually smiling and spoke more than enough English to answer our questions. As a side comment I would recommend learning a little Spanish if not a lot before visiting Nicaragua, as very few of the Nicas we encountered in markets, etc. spoke any English. Rosario and her helpers were very friendly and provided good service and food. Security was on duty 24 hours a day in case of emergency.

We had some downtime between all the wedding and touring activities and this was a comfortable place to relax. There were some issues with having enough hot water since the water was solar heated. Many homes and hotels in Nicaragua only have cold water showers, that said, it was better than that. The water from the tap was purifed for potable use. The pool was nice. There was a computer with high speed internet available in the lobby for guests to use.

• Stayed: February 2011

Sincerely

Reviewed February 20, 2011

We booked this hotel for our first night in Managua. We arrived late in the evening and were very hungry. We were introduced to the owner and staff. It was a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. They ordered food for us and had it delivered to the hotel. Now, make sure you check prices when ordering delivery as it can get very expensive. Location was not so easy to find but we got help from one of the locals who escorted us from the airport. Breakfast was delicious. The eating area faces the lush garden and swimming pool. Although we recommend this place, it may not be best option in terms of location. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple