“Incredible Find in Managua”
Review of Azul Restaurant

Azul Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 384 Restaurants in Managua
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Azul Restaurant is a culinary and visual experience. Every dish is a work of art at this uniquely modern restaurant. Azul consist of gourmet cuisine. The innovative menu blends national and international cuisine with a wide variety of plates.The ambiance is very chic and customers can order from an extensive wine list and sit in the spacious lobby surround by tall glass windows.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I <and two kids> found ourselves stuck in Managua for our Wedding Anniversary and I remembered and article about this French guy cooking food in Managua and finding no love, and having to incorporate Nicaraguan elements. Well, after a couple of searches I figured it out and we went and loved it!! My wife started with the salmon carpaccio which I thought was excellent - some citrus created a seviche-type presentation. I started with Tacos "Franceses" which was a nicaraguan take on baked brie -- with camembert and sauteed onions, and crepes replacing the tortilla shells. Excellent, but a bit heavy and better as a split dish before appetizers for two to four people. I did not want to finish it and lose my appetite. I had the steak with Jalepeno sauce. While the beef was not completely NY Prime, it was clearly absolutely the best beef we have had in Nicaragua, and prepared perfectly Medium Rare. The sauce was incredible, a cream sauce with strong jalerpeno flavor and a subtle yet persistent heat. My wife had the corvina (carribean sea bass( with a citrus sauce(. I tried it and was struct by how moist and well prepared it was. I only got one bite as my wife wanted it all!! The coffee was excellent and we shared a crepes suzettes (In NICARAGUA we had real CREPES SUZETTE!!) and my wife suddenly was no longer upset that we were in Managua on our wedding anniverary when we were supposed to be in NYC. Well done. Thank you!!

1  Thank fasttravel2014

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I try this French restaurant and it was a good surprise!!
Meal was really good, there is a lot of different wines, the staff is perfect and the place is wonderful!!
For me, Azul in one of the 3 best restaurants in Managua!
You have to try it!!

1  Thank Sandrine K
Reviewed October 24, 2013

A touch of european (french) cousine with the authentic nicaraguan taste!!
Service excellent, friendly and very polite!

1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our hotel recommended this place for a special dinner, so when the night of our anniversary came, we had him arrange transport to this nearby hotel with its great restaurant. Wonderful French food, a glass of wine, and...well it was a night to remember!

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Enjoyed an exquisite lunch here .... Perfect Caesar salad, steak in peppercorn sauce, and a pineapple Tarte Tatin. We eat out frequently in Managua, and this is by far the best food we've had. It is obvious that there is a classically trained yet inventive French chef in the kitchen who has found the best purveyors in town. The meat was especially good, far better than the traditional Churrasco. Each dish is beautifully presented. The prices are high by Nicaraguan standards, but fully justifiable given the very high quality. They may want to train the servers just a bit more. They are a tad bit passive and not as knowledgable about the menu as they should be. However, the maitre d ' was very attentive and responsive. We plan to return soon, most likely for breakfast to try their eggs benedict.

2  Thank Deanna B