“A homey place to stay in Nicaragua”

Hotel Internacional Managua
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at International Hotel (Hotel Internacional in Spanish)-Managua, Nicaragua. It was a great place to stay. The owner (Mr. Roberto and the staff) made me feel at home. They are friendly and very helpful. They go out of their way to make sure that you are safe and comfortable . I made the choice to stay there after reading the reviews and they were totally right. I visited some cities with Mr. Juan Arellano and I highly recommend him if you want to tour the different regions in Nicaragua. It was an amazing experience. I could say that the Hotel Internacional is the best choice! It is well located with access to supermarket, banks, restaurants, malls and transportation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Internacional for one night upon our arrival in NI before leaving for San Juan del Sur. Roberto, the owner, made our stay extra special with his care & attention. His help in arranging an improptu taxi tour of Managua with a translater from the Museum for a few hours before we left was fantastic.

The hotel itself is lovely, very clean and neat, the free breakfast was one of the best we had on our whole trip and his recommendation to eat dinner at El Gueguense, just 1/2 block away, was bang on!

Room Tip: My only complaint was that in a light well connected to our room a light was left on all night that...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was a guest at this small hotel on a recommendation which I appreciate. The service was great, with clean well-kept rooms, very comfortable. Can’t say enough kind words for the owner who was extremely pleasant, appreciative and helpful, including the hotel staff…All made my stay very pleasurable..
Good safe location. Breakfast included (no full time restaurant), but restaurants within walking distance. Very nice bakery/delicatessen directly across the street..

Down side: My local friend and I went to a upscale Italian restaurant (PANE E VINO) close by and contracted (FOOD POISNING) Extremely bad, was surprised. Obviously never judge a book by its cover. Very nice looking upscale. Had 2 entrees & bottle of wine (no water or salad)…both of us really suffered. Fortunately, being in the travel business, been there/done that, I carry antibiotic's with me, so down time was not as lengthy. Cannot recommend this restaurant. WARNING!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I be there its really great, evreything is near to the hotel, nice price best service ever... And you can have where ever you need they are so good... I love it... I recommended 100%... If you go to managua go here... Am serious... I want to know the owner... Nicaragua best ever place in threre

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Volodich
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days and really enjoyed my time there. They take service to another level. I received personal attention whether I needed breakfast, information about Managua, or to arrange transfers. The hotel is located in a safe part of the city, close to a number of cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Every aspect of our stay was lovely. The hotel is lovely in all its details. The room was very clean. The service was warm and professional. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. The staff spoke excellent English and helped us with ordering Pizza in the evening and getting a great taxi to the airport. This is the place we will stay in the future for Managua travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor to the back. Quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I couldn't be happier with the service, courteous staff, cleanliness, rate. The (delicious, plenty) free breakfast is the best I've ever had in Central America. When booking directly with the hotel for 3 consecutive nights they take care of the transfers from and to the airport. A savings worth at least 20 dollars. Look forward to my next stay hhere!

Room Tip: Great for business and family travel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business