“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Terraza Peruana

La Terraza Peruana
Ranked #7 of 330 Restaurants in Managua
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Don't miss out on the Pisco Sours and the excellent filete a la plancha. Also enjoyed excellent calamari. Nice little fountain on the terrace where you can sit out and enjoy balmy Managuan eating.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sophie O

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Ceviche!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

When its really hot, I need cooler food. Their appetizer ceviche is big enough for a dinner. Also had skewers of beef hearts (I know, I know) that were delicious. I have been back several times. Try the pisco sours.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank edlcs2
Dallas, Texas
“Good location, ok service, and decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I make a point of going to Peruvian restaurants wherever I go. After living in Lima and Huaraz for a few months, my eyes light up when I see Peruvian. I was here for dinner. The woman who owns the place spoke to our table and shared memories of Peru with us. Very authentic! The place was hopping, which shows that others like the food too. It was good we had a reservation for our table of 5.

Atmosphere aside, the food was ok. The ceviche was good, the lomo saltado was forgettable. I wished I had ordered aji de gallina instead. The last Peruvian place I was at was in Florida, and their ceviche was OUTSTANDING. So, comparing this to that, this restaurant was a bit of a disappointment. But, had I been in Managua longer, I would have given it another try and ordered something else.

My time there ended on a sour note. The bill took the server at least 10 minutes to conjure up. It was handwritten, and we were also disappointed to see it had not been separated. We had a taxi waiting for us so didn't want to ask and wait another 10-15 minutes, so we had to split the bill arbitrarily which was not fair to all parties present. If they were more efficient with how they prepared the bill, we could have all paid our rightful share.

• Visited March 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Good food, service, and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had dinner here- food was delicious, service was great and it is set in pretty gardens with Andean music playing in the background. Would definitely recommend trying it!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank LoveLatinAmerica
Miami and other places
“Real Peru food ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

This food is authentic and very well executed. It is owned by a Peruvian woman with whom I briefly spoke but I already knew that -- I lived mostly in Lima for five years.

It was good enough that we ate there several times. The ceviche is quite but the real surprise was the shrimp soup (I was sick), it was an absolute revelation (outside of Peru).

Sorry friends but Peruvian food is the best in Latin America and this is likely the best of it in Central America. Live it up!

Visited November 2013