Barcelo Managua
$94
Hotel HEX(Managua)
$72
$63
Art Hotel Managua(Managua)(Great Value!)
$42
$65
$68
$149
$143
All reviewsjapanese restaurantbreakfast buffetnice hotellots of fresh fruitbusiness trippool areacoffee makerpleasant staythe hotel staffenjoyed my staystayed one nightrooms are cleannice poolpolloairportinternetgalerias
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here a few years ago but just found this site. I had a HORRIBLE experience at this place and would not return if they paid ME!!!

I made reservations online for 4 days but got sick on my 2nd day there. I decided to check out and return to Managua and made it to the desk 5 minutes after the check-out time. No problem; rules are rules and I only asked for a 1 day refund rather than 2. The run around I got from the 2 Receptionists was astounding. They insisted I might want to return even though I told them I was extremely sick and this would never happen. After 30 minutes of arguing with these people I decided to leave and pursue the matter through my bank. I was too sick to stand there and argue with these idiots over something that was irrefutable.

Unfortunately, my bank would not cancel the charge to my credit card and made me fill out forms and go through a process to get reimbursed for the 1 day. I filed the paperwork but was traveling internationally a lot at the time and something was missed so I was never reimbursed for the 1 day.

Nice clean resort, but these people will rip you off in a heartbeat. If a business cannot be honest and fair with me, they lose my business for life.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Absolutely N
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Customer,

Receive a warm greeting from the staff of the Hotel Barceló Managua.

Thank you for taking time to answer the survey on Trip Advisor, it is great opportunities to get the feed backs from our guests and take action for changes some things in the service procedure .

Please accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences all inconveniences occurring during your stay in Hotel Barceló Managua.

We hope you give us the opportunity to serve again in the near future to improve the discomfort suffered on your last stay.

Thanks again and I hope we can serve you soon at the Barceló Managua.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very nice hotel. Great escape from the city of Manaqua which is dirty and depressing, unlike the rest of the country. Nice pool, very helpful staff, comfortable clean rooms. Not too far from the airport. Would stay again if I ever go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear guest.

Receive a fraternal greeting from all the staff of Hotel Barcelo Managua.

It's nice to know that all the efforts made to provide good care to our guests have not been in vain.

We greatly appreciate your comments, and motivates us to continue working with great care.

Best regards,

Guest Relations

Reviewed August 27, 2012

When looking for a business hotel in Managua, there are still not too many options. But the Barcelo Managua is one of the few properties that should meet all of your basic business hotel needs.

The Barceló is not located within walking distance of anything so if you want to eat, shop or go out for the night (other than the casino across the parking lot), you will need to take a taxi. However most of the places are just a few minutes away by taxi.

We upgraded to the suite after taking a brief look at the standard room. While the basic room was clean and completely serviceable, the moderate increase in the price for a suite made the larger room, separate sitting area, spacious bathroom and small kitchen area worth it.

The hotel carries many amenities that could be useful and/or relaxing - a small but modern gym, a large pool with a very nice view of the city and the lake beyond, car rental, plethora of meeting space, and an office center.

We ate at the onsite Japanese restaurant and were treated to some delicious sushi. The breakfast buffet was not interesting although they did have the standard continental breakfast items along with a few nicaraguan items (i.e. gallo pinto, etc.).

Across the parking lot from the front entrance is a casino. While the signage has bright lights, the casino itself felt unobtrusive. I went there at night and it was fairly empty with just a few basic table games and some slot machines.

The service from various staff members was prompt and friendly - pretty much what you would expect from this level of business hotel. It would be hard to go wrong here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest.

Kindest regards from me and the entire staff of the Hotel Barceló Managua.

We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant service during your stay, as this motivates us to continue performing our work efficiently.

We greatly appreciate the time taken to write so appreciated comment. We hope to soon have the opportunity to have your visit.

Best regards.

Guest Relations

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My trip to Nicaragua was very Nice. Staff at the hotel was great, enjoyed the breakfast that is included, it was really good.
The hotel is very well located, beautiful view to lake Managua. The rooms are very nice with all the commodities; but the rooms and specially the hall way kind of smell like tobacco. If you are sensible with the allergies I don't recommend it. Another bummer is that they charged for Internet separately.
Even though the hotel looks in excellent shape, the beds are kind of awkward.
Everything else was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Henry C
Barcelo M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Dear Guest.

Kindest regards.

We greatly appreciate your comments about your stay at Hotel Barceló Managua, we are very pleased to know that all the efforts of our team have been good.

We look forward to your soon visit, and we will provide you the best of us again.

Best regards.
Costumer service
Hotel Barceló Managua

Reviewed July 25, 2012

It was my first time in Nicaragua and I felt very well in the Barcelo Hotel. Rooms are clean and beds are excellent, however too much furniture in the room. Great brakefast, very friendly staff, nice outdoor pool and terrace. I got a really good price for the room, but internet use was charged extra and extremly high. In these days that is a "no go" in my eyes,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Sendy T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Managua, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear guest.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. For our team is a pleasure to serve you and make your visit a pleasant and positive experience.

All comments of our guests are taken seriously, and comments like these make us work every day better. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Best regards from Managua!

Guest Relation