“50/50.”

Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Manchester, United Kingdom
“50/50.”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Visit Managua once or twice a month, stayed 1 night while doing a little business in Managua and calling at PriceMart to stock up for our house in Esteli, Arrived at 9-40, ok early for check in, asked if it would be possible for breakfast and was told it finished at 9-30 and was recommended Mac Donals, are well off to do our business arrived back at 1pm and ordered lunch my wife had chicken wings me fillet steak have to say the breakfast was better. The room was a matrimonial $55 + tax AC + ceiling fan,safe, clean and a nice bathroom, our room was pool side a few people having a few beers until around 10-30 but they were not to noisey, I found the staff to be pleasent, a lap top in reception is provided for your use and also the hotel is Wi-Fi, for a 1or 2 night stay, this Hotel is ok, would I go back yes not so sure the wife was of the same opinion.

Room Tip: I would say poolside I beleive that the inner rooms don't have windows
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank chippy13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Winnipeg
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Hotel Mozonte was an oasis for me. The staff all speak or understand enough English that not knowing Spanish was not a problem. The hotel was clean, and beautiful. While staying there, their hotel expanded and opened across the street---so they now have 2 locations (across the street from each other). This is a popular hotel, and because I did a lot of travelling I didn't always know when I'd be in Managua, so often booked at the last minute. They were able to accommodate me quite often, and when they couldn't I went down the street to Hotel Montserrat which wasn't as nice, but was comfortable.

If you check the website, the pictures are beautiful, and the hotel, with the warm woodwork, felt like being at home. In fact, I told the desk clerk one morning that the hotel felt like my private home I felt so at home there. The free WiFi, along with the computer in the lobby if you don't have yours with you, is great.

If you don't want to go out, the meals served are simple but very good. I tried most everything on the menu at one time or another and my favourite was Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, and garlic toast. Only $5.99 US. Really liked the chicken wing appetizers also---great for a small lunch snack. $3.99 US.

Breakfast is included with your hotel room, and you have a choice of Classico (French Toast), Americano (pancakes & sausage) or Nicaraguan (eggs and rice/beans). As always there is fresh juices, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, and toast.

The liquor menu is limited (no cocktails) but you can have shots and beer. The staff are what make this place so wonderful. They are all so accommodating and friendly. The next time I go to Nicaragua, I plan to just rent the place for a month, and then travel from there when the urge strikes me.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Hmozonte, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Mozonte, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
It was a pleasure to count with your staying, thank you very much for sharing you opinion with the trip advisor community.

We are very happy that you felt like being at home, because we think you are part of the Mozonte Family.

Remember that you always can cout with Hotel Mozonte as a second home.

We are looking forward for your next visit.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I booked the Hotel Mozonte online based on the photo gallery on their website. We arranged an airport pick up with them that went as planned but the taxi took us to another hotel. When I asked where we were they said Hotel Mozonte. I went inside and asked at eh desk explaining that the sign outside was not Hotel Mozonte where we had booked. The receptionist explained that this was their sister hotel. This would have been fine if the standard were the same as that portrayed on the hotels website but it was not. There was no pool, furnishings were not updated or clean, even the breakfast the following morning was horrible. To this day I am not entirely sure if the Hotel Mozonte shown on the website exists but switching guests directly to another hotel is not what I would consider appropriate or fair, especially without an explanation or discount for the lesser accommodations.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank saracokl
We are very sorry for all the inconvinient you had in your last visit.

Please forgive us because that was our mistake for locating you in our sister hotel because at that moment some of our rooms had some electricity problems, and we couldn´t give you your reserved room. And you are completely wright that was not appropriate.

The pictures in our website are of our Main hotel Mozonte, and not of our sister hotel. Thank you very much for your review because it helps us very much and it have been a motivation for us for getting a new location.

we have already get a new location in front of our Main Hotel ( Acrross the street) , with 8 new rooms.

And it would be a pleasure if you could give us a second opportunity to count with the pleasure of your staying and serving you as you deserve.

We really hope you accepts our apologies.

Always at your Services,

Hotel Mozonte Manager
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Mozonte. The people were very nice and helpful. When they were unable to give me a room for all of my requested dates (they were full some of the night I needed), they kindly made a reservation at another hotel for the same price. I was very pleased with Mozonte and would return there again if I visited Managua. Excellent local hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Escazu, Costa Rica
Reviewed May 2, 2011

As I am travelling to Managua 5 - 10 times per year I tried various hotels to find the best price - value -ratio. Hotel Mozonte is the best choice for all people who need good service, fast internet, big and clean rooms and a good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BerndCR
Bluefields
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We travel quite often through Managua and stay at Hotel Mozonte when we do. We live in Bluefields and when we travel we spend a few days in Managua to pick up supplies. We are very pleased with it and feel like we are at home. The staff is excellent and friendly and they bend over backwards to help us in whatever way necessary. The location is great because it is close to shopping at Price Smart and other stores. The rooms are nice and comfortable and we enjoy the pool. We could pay more for a fancier place, but Hotel Mozonte has every thing we need at a good price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Guildford
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We had arranged via e-mail for collection from the airport and that worked very well.
The hotel was fairly good although some rooms near the reception were noisy.
We were charged twice for one of our dinners and it took 3 days, several phone calls and a long wait hanging about at reception before we were reimbursed and not much in the way of "Sorry" !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple