“Hotel pictured website was not the hotel we stayed at!”
Review of Hotel Mozonte

Hotel Mozonte
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I booked the Hotel Mozonte online based on the photo gallery on their website. We arranged an airport pick up with them that went as planned but the taxi took us to another hotel. When I asked where we were they said Hotel Mozonte. I went inside and asked at eh desk explaining that the sign outside was not Hotel Mozonte where we had booked. The receptionist explained that this was their sister hotel. This would have been fine if the standard were the same as that portrayed on the hotels website but it was not. There was no pool, furnishings were not updated or clean, even the breakfast the following morning was horrible. To this day I am not entirely sure if the Hotel Mozonte shown on the website exists but switching guests directly to another hotel is not what I would consider appropriate or fair, especially without an explanation or discount for the lesser accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank saracokl
Hmozonte, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Mozonte, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

We are very sorry for all the inconvinient you had in your last visit.

Please forgive us because that was our mistake for locating you in our sister hotel because at that moment some of our rooms had some electricity problems, and we couldn´t give you your reserved room. And you are completely wright that was not appropriate.

The pictures in our website are of our Main hotel Mozonte, and not of our sister hotel. Thank you very much for your review because it helps us very much and it have been a motivation for us for getting a new location.

we have already get a new location in front of our Main Hotel ( Acrross the street) , with 8 new rooms.

And it would be a pleasure if you could give us a second opportunity to count with the pleasure of your staying and serving you as you deserve.

We really hope you accepts our apologies.

Always at your Services,

Hotel Mozonte Manager

There are newer reviews for Hotel Mozonte

Reviewed May 24, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Mozonte. The people were very nice and helpful. When they were unable to give me a room for all of my requested dates (they were full some of the night I needed), they kindly made a reservation at another hotel for the same price. I was very pleased with Mozonte and would return there again if I visited Managua. Excellent local hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2011

As I am travelling to Managua 5 - 10 times per year I tried various hotels to find the best price - value -ratio. Hotel Mozonte is the best choice for all people who need good service, fast internet, big and clean rooms and a good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BerndCR
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We travel quite often through Managua and stay at Hotel Mozonte when we do. We live in Bluefields and when we travel we spend a few days in Managua to pick up supplies. We are very pleased with it and feel like we are at home. The staff is excellent and friendly and they bend over backwards to help us in whatever way necessary. The location is great because it is close to shopping at Price Smart and other stores. The rooms are nice and comfortable and we enjoy the pool. We could pay more for a fancier place, but Hotel Mozonte has every thing we need at a good price.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We had arranged via e-mail for collection from the airport and that worked very well.
The hotel was fairly good although some rooms near the reception were noisy.
We were charged twice for one of our dinners and it took 3 days, several phone calls and a long wait hanging about at reception before we were reimbursed and not much in the way of "Sorry" !

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I needed a hotel for one night in Managua, and the Mozonte was recommended by a friend who had stayed there before. I liked the look of the place on their website, and booked online. Within 2 hours, they called me to confirm. I got an email quoting an even better price than their website offered! The hotel arranged for a driver to meet me at the airport and take me right to the hotel for $15. One less worry out of the way. I was very pleased with my stay, and wish I could have had more nights there. I had room #8, right off the outdoor patio and pool. The room was very clean, nicely furnished and comfortable. I can echo another review, that when people come into the hotel late at night, they tend to loud conversations, and if they sit on the patio to talk, the noise comes right into the rooms fronting the patio. I was awakened twice, but fell back to sleep. If you need absolute quite, don't take a patio-fronting room! Breakfast is included in the room price in the on-site restaurant. I chose the Nicarguan breakfast, but there are also continental and American styles on the menu. A coffee urn is self-serve, and coffee can be taken out to the front or back patio if you want. I also ate dinner in the restaurant, and enjoyed my fish meal. The hotel has beer for sale for about $1.50 a bottle. There is one laptop with free internet in the lobby. I would go back again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2011

We booked the first two nights at Mozonte based on their beautiful web site. I was very excited to stay there and was happy they offered to pick us up at the airport.
To our great disappointment, there was no pick up waiting for us, we took a taxi.
At the front desk we received a luke warm reception, questioning our reservation (which I arranged for by e-mail in advance). After trying to converse with them in broken spanish we were finally given a room. Later we discovered that the front desk does speak very good english...
The room we were given was a small, dark and windowless, very noisy - one could hear everything going on in the hall way...the great bath room was the only redeeming factor, as was the breakfast.
Overall, a great disappointment.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple