“Nothing special but clean”
Review of Hotel San Luis

Hotel San Luis
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Oscoda, Michigan
“Nothing special but clean”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Hotel San Luis is an easy distance from the bus depot (we rode a chicken bus up from San Juan del Sur) however it is quite a ways from the airport. We thought the hotel room was very simple and clean. The hotel staff were friendly and a few of them even have some basic english. However, we asked for a fan when we made our reservation but they didn't have one for us when we checked in. Thus we were forced to pay the additional $10 for the air conditioning because the room was a small little box with no ventilation and the evening sun baked it. The hotel is in close proximity to some food and a small market. There is a grocery store a few blocks down. There was no lock box for valuables but the front entrance was gated and had someone guarding it 24/7 (typical in Nicaragua). Our night was relatively quiet. While a bit spendy we felt safe and comfortable. For breakfast you had two different choices. There were no towels for the shower. But there was a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
California, Maryland
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The hotel is simple, which made me us all feel at home...
The staff was very friendly, they were always aware if we needed anything!
The rooms were well equipped, with wifi, air conditioning and TV...They also have 2 extra computers in the lobby for our use.
I took advantage of the free breakfast, which was delicious...
It fulfilled all my expectations.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael E
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I loved this hotel. Service was great! Also very convenient location a couple of blocks from the supermarket and 5 minute taxi drive to nice restaurants and the mall.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Delft
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I am Ugandan Consultant on a business trip. I enjoyed my time in Hotel San Luis and would recommend it as convenient palce where service is delivered with a smile. I really felt at home.

Luwita Okidi

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Brussels
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I stayed there with a friend for three days. The location is very convenient, close to the bar and clubs area in Managua, pretty safe neighbourhood. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. There is wifi and airconditioning, which is absolutely necessary in steamy Managua. You can also use the common kitchen, but no need, breakfast was included and it was more than generous.
I will certainly stay there on my next trip to Nicaragua, which I hope will be soon!!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maneken_pis
Delft
Reviewed November 18, 2008

I went to Nicaragua for one week with my wife and three children, and the rooms were very clean and comfortable for us, plus we had free wifi in the room and there was also a desktop in the lobby, free as well.

In total we paid 40 dollars for the room of my wife and me and we paid sixty for the triple room of my kids, and it included a nice breakfast, something I really enjoyed is that you can ask your own breakfast, it's not the same for everybody.

And it's well located, extremely well located. I went to Masaya and Leon, also Granada near the lake Nicaragua.

The hostal is small but I would say it's a great deal for the money paid.

• Liked — Price and Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Well, it is small hostal, there is no restaurant in it!!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Managua
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I think that is a good place to stay, I was with my family a week, they offer a good breakfast and they're room are confortable and clean. If i visit Nicaragua again, i'll back at Hotel San Luis

• Liked — i like that their rooms are very clean and confortable
  • Disliked — they do not offer lunch
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)