“Outstanding Spanish School”

Viva Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Viva Spanish School is Nicaragua's leading Spanish language school. Our programs focus on teaching Spanish to non-Spanish speakers. Our students include Embassy employees and their families, NGOs and mission groups, medical teams, university students and tourists. We offer cost effective, one-on-one classes with a flexible curriculum designed to meet the individual goals of our students.
EL PASO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outstanding Spanish School”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently spent 5 weeks at the Viva Spanish School, and wish that I could have spent more. I was looking for a structured Spanish school, but was a bit concerned that I might not like spending so much time in the city. However, it all worked out great.

On the school side, I loved having the overall structure - 2 hour grammar lesson followed by 2 hour conversation class - and having textbooks to progress through. I have been to 4 Spanish schools over the years in Central and South America, and this one easily ranks at the top. Also the school is located in a nice central neighborhood - very easy and safe to walk around.

On the non-school side, the school owners helped me to connect with Hotel Colon for a long-term stay. I got a great rate that included air conditioning, WiFi, and breakfast. It was an easy 10 minute walk to/fro school from the hotel. On the first day of class, my teacher also helped me to get signed up at Total Gym - so that I could exercise daily after class. While Managua is not a dream vacation destination, it was easy to get to various great places on the weekends (including Paradiso Hostel at Laguna Apoyo, and Finca Lindos Ojos at Reserva Miraflor) for nice breaks from the city.

So, all in all, I am very happy with my decision to study at Viva Spanish School. Muchas gracias to the owners, staff, and all of the teachers - especially Marlin and Raquel!! I just wish that I could have stayed longer, but will see you soon via Skype!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ElPasoMarie
VivaDirectors, Owner at Viva Spanish School, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Celia,
Thanks for your positive comments about Viva Spanish School. We really enjoyed having you as a student and we hope that you will come back soon.

Managua
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best to Study Spanish”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best Spanish School in Nicaragua. Great teachers. Flexible Schedules, and study materials. One on one learning with a teacher. Friendly environment.

1 Thank xtassy
Cofradía, Cortes, Honduras
“Excellent school.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Recently ventured to Managua and was thrilled to find Viva Spanish School, where I took the 20-hours/week intensive course. They were very accommodating to my schedule, with professional staff who follow a curriculum (which for me, was a must-have). I also very much enjoyed the split between the grammar and conversational classes. The staff is very good about following up and ensuring you're getting what you want out of your time there. Very glad I picked this school.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Teri L
VivaDirectors, Owner at Viva Spanish School, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi Teri, Many thanks for your positive review. It was a pleasure having you in the school and we hope that you are enjoying your Skype classes now that you've returned home.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great teachers committed to your ability to communicate in Spanish.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I spent 3 months at Viva Spanish School. When I started, I knew almost zero Spanish. But thanks to the help of committed teachers, I am now able to live and work here effectively. I was told by one of my professors, "I consider it a sin if one of my students leaves here not understanding something." I think that best explains the commitment level of the instructors at Viva Spanish School.

1 Thank Pbolick
Muchisimas gracias - I'll make sure an pass on your positive feedback to our team of dedicated teachers.
Managua
“Recommendation”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I attended Viva Spanish School beginning mid April through June. The curriculum is thorough and intense. I learned so much in a short period of time. The staff does a great job, and Josimar (my main teacher) was awesome! The classes built a great foundation to increase my Spanish language skills on.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank SHamiltonManagua
VivaDirectors, Owner at Viva Spanish School, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear SHamilton, Thank you for your positive comments! We enjoyed having you as a student at Viva Spanish School. We also wanted to give you a personal "thank you" for all the good work your NGO is doing here for the children of Nicaragua. Since you'll be living in the Managua area for the next several months, we hope you can stop by for a visit and a cup of coffee soon.