“Fresh food, full of flavour and value for money.”
Review of Minh's Cuisines - CLOSED

Minh's Cuisines
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Worth visiting and I've been on numerous ocassions with family and friends. Always good and one of the best in San Salvador. The prawn spring rolls are good and the fish dishes delicious. Good Thai curries.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Visiting from Los Angeles and relative recommended this restaurant. The prices were on a high side by local standards and was not impressed by the food. We had green mango salad with chicken, Pad tai with beef and some dish with coconut milk. I think the last dish was the best of them all. We also tried spring and summer rolls, it was average. First two dishes were bland and I observed my party reaching for sauce to spruce it up, too much mango and not enough meat. Perhaps I am bit critical, being from Los Angeles, but I was disappointed, after hearing rave reviews by locals. The tab for our lunch for four of us was close to $100 which is high, even by LA standard. I found an option in Plaza Madero on my next review.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Food and service excellent, highly recommended. The owner/chef is very friendly and can offer advice on what to eat. Vietnamese choices were excellent.

Reviewed November 2, 2010

moved to a more fancy area , the restaurant finally has some viet. appeal. Cousine extremely good and genuine...good move inlcuding asian fushion and thai options , worth a visit

Reviewed October 24, 2009

Minh's is a small restaurant in what resembles a strip mall next to the Casa Presidencial in Escalon. The owner is very friendly, speaks English and Spanish, and will help you with your selections. My wife and I have been twice and had very good experiences both times.

The springrolls are delicious with fresh basil and lightly pan-fried shrimp. The dipping sauce is sweet, but not overly so. There are three rolls in an order, and they are well executed. The owner explains that his eggrolls and wontons are different from your typical Chinese appetizer. We tried the wontons on one visit and they were also very good - packed full of meat and not many vegetables.

The curry is very light and flavorful. There is a little spice, but it is not overwhelming for those that don't like to pack the heat. The chef will increase the heat for those that like to set their faces on fire. We tried the pad thai on our first visit and it was just okay. A better option is the Bun Cha Goi (?) which is a Vietnamese version with rice vermicelli noodles. It was surprisingly fresh, packed full of fresh vegetables, sauteed shrimp, and a pleasantly sweet and sour fish sauce. The fresh basil and herbs with chopped nuts brought the dish together. I will go back for this dish alone.

The lettuce wraps are good, but don't expect P.F. Changs. The chicken is cut into larger chunks, and the sauce is a sweeter version.

Overall, if you're trying to satisfy a craving for Thai or Vietnamese, Minh's will likely hit the spot. It is not the best Thai restaurant I've been to, but it is the best in San Salvador. The menu is limited, but the items they have are worth a visit. The ingredients are fresh, management is very friendly, and the prices are reasonable. The place does have a tendency to fill up in the later evening (around 7:00) with 30 somethings, friends, and couples from the surrounding neighborhood. Parking may be an issue on some nights, but is generally available and easy.