Simple put this hotel was out of the Courtyard league. It is downright one of the best international Marriott's I have been to.
From the time I arrived to the time I left it was a true pleasure to stay there. To be transparent the only thing missing was an exec level lounge and it would have easily been regular Marriott.
Though the english was lacking at times from the staff they went over and above time and time again to ensure that my stay was the best.
When I arrived my company has not secured breakfast in the room rate. Since I was tired I did not complain but the front desk associate noticed my displeasure and when he finished checking me in he said and we have added breakfast in the rate....he did not mention I was platinium nor did he mention this was my first time.
Think about it that was how my first interaction with the staff there was an opportunity to WOW me and they did.
the hotel lobby was completely done in the new style of the courtyard with the huge touch screen TV. very bright complete with PC and printer all free....FREE WIFI in the whole hotel.
there were electrical outlets all over the lobby and the restaurant as well for that matter....so it wad very easy to plug in and juice up, at any time of the day.
Now the room it was huge one of the hugest I have been in. I did not take any pictures as the pictures from the hotel site were spot on. I even had a huge soaking bath which I used every day/night.
I did not encounter any noise from the front of the hotel that was where the room was facing and I am a light sleeper, though I can tell you that in that part of the city it is quite dead at night after 10ish.
the TV was great! but only a few channels were in english. the bed was a king with tons of pillows and I love pillows. there is also a pullout bed/sofa in the room.
mini fridge that worked and coffee machine as well.
I did check out the pool not really worth mentioning sorry to say.
The Breakfast was fresh all across the board! from the coffee to the omelet station to the fruits and fresh squeezed fruits juice! NO TANG here ! ....the bacon was not processed you can just tell the food was fresh!
Now for the next thing about this hotel....it is next to a new outdoor mall called La Grand Via.
typically American restaurants, brand new movie theater, starbucks, to be honest not much going on there BUT still nice to walk over after work not over crowded at all very inviting at night. There as even a Japanese restaurant.
I look forward to going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best of San Salvador, El Salvador when staying in the Courtyard San Salvador. Our contemporary hotel is located within close proximity to the area's most popular attractions, dining, shopping and entertainment, such as El Salvador Modern Art Museum and La Gran Via shopping mall. Take advantage of our free high speed Internet access, comfortable guest rooms, state-of-the-art fitness center, Centro Restaurant and relaxing pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Courtyard San Salvador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Salvador Hotel San Salvador
- San Salvador Courtyard
- Courtyard San Salvador El Salvador