“Courtyard Marriott - Should be a Regular Marriott. :)”

Courtyard San Salvador
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in San Salvador
Manila, Philippines
“Courtyard Marriott - Should be a Regular Marriott. :)”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Simple put this hotel was out of the Courtyard league. It is downright one of the best international Marriott's I have been to.

From the time I arrived to the time I left it was a true pleasure to stay there. To be transparent the only thing missing was an exec level lounge and it would have easily been regular Marriott.

Though the english was lacking at times from the staff they went over and above time and time again to ensure that my stay was the best.

When I arrived my company has not secured breakfast in the room rate. Since I was tired I did not complain but the front desk associate noticed my displeasure and when he finished checking me in he said and we have added breakfast in the rate....he did not mention I was platinium nor did he mention this was my first time.

Think about it that was how my first interaction with the staff there was an opportunity to WOW me and they did.

the hotel lobby was completely done in the new style of the courtyard with the huge touch screen TV. very bright complete with PC and printer all free....FREE WIFI in the whole hotel.

there were electrical outlets all over the lobby and the restaurant as well for that matter....so it wad very easy to plug in and juice up, at any time of the day.

Now the room it was huge one of the hugest I have been in. I did not take any pictures as the pictures from the hotel site were spot on. I even had a huge soaking bath which I used every day/night.

I did not encounter any noise from the front of the hotel that was where the room was facing and I am a light sleeper, though I can tell you that in that part of the city it is quite dead at night after 10ish.

the TV was great! but only a few channels were in english. the bed was a king with tons of pillows and I love pillows. there is also a pullout bed/sofa in the room.

mini fridge that worked and coffee machine as well.

I did check out the pool not really worth mentioning sorry to say.

The Breakfast was fresh all across the board! from the coffee to the omelet station to the fruits and fresh squeezed fruits juice! NO TANG here ! ....the bacon was not processed you can just tell the food was fresh!

Now for the next thing about this hotel....it is next to a new outdoor mall called La Grand Via.

typically American restaurants, brand new movie theater, starbucks, to be honest not much going on there BUT still nice to walk over after work not over crowded at all very inviting at night. There as even a Japanese restaurant.

I look forward to going back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Anabell R, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Salvador, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thanks for your comments, we apprecciated them! We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay, we are looking forward for your next visit.

Courtyard by Marriott San Salvador

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Naples
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The rooms were clean, quiet, and Safe. The staff was very polite and spoke at least very workable English. There are Armed Guards that are not "in the way" but stationed around to provide you with a sense of security. The Breakfast Buffet is good, with a great array or traditional "American" options as well as local favorites.

Just Minutes from the US Embassy and within very short walking distances to three malls.

Room Tip: Not too many tips. We stayed on the "Volcano" Side of the hotel and it Thunderstorm'd...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Anabell R, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Salvador, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments, we appreciate it!

Please take my contact for any request or suggestions in your next stay with us

San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Nice place to stay for a family weekend, the staff is very friendly and the kids enjoy a good time playing by the pool, breakfast buffet also really nice, however only one complimentary breakfast is included, that is to me the only downside since the price per night could include that. Overall a nice place with good location

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Anabell R, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Salvador, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thanks for your comments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stayed at the hotel! For your next reservation, please contact me directly, so I can assist you on your request! My eamail is anabell.romero@courtyard.com

Courtyard by Marriott San Salvador
Lawrenceville GA
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I recently stayed at this property, well I just checked out of it. To the pros the front desk manager was very professional. I did have to state that I was a platinum premier member several times and then I received an upgraded room. The room was great. I will post some pictures as soon as possible. The housekeeping staff and the other staff member were amazing. They made me feel like a valued guest. The hotel has an arrangement with a taxi company and these cab drivers are great, they will take you wherever you need to go in short notice. I had a cab driver name Arnold and the young man was very professional and very safe. Next to the property there is a modern mall with a movie theater and a Walmart is about a 5-7 minute walk away. In the mall area there is visable security.
To the cons: The internet was very spotty. I had some good luck and I had a few frustrating nights trying to send and receive emails.The bed was a bit firm for my tastes
Please note that this country uses the United States dollar as there currency.
I hope that this helps. Good luck and safe travels.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Triangle_Traveler13
Julia B, General Manager at Courtyard San Salvador, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience with the Courtyard San Salvador.
You indicated in your response that the Internet was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me, It will be a pleasure to serve you again, Julia Bennett, General Manager
Annpolis, MD
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Breakfast buffet is awesome. Staff is very nice! Pool is very nice. Gym is okay but not great. They really need to get an ATM machine inside the hotel so you don't have to worry about getting mugged when withdrawing some cash. There are some very nice shops and restaurants nearby with a heavy police presence.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mcchrisb
Anabell R, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Salvador, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thanks for your comments, we appreciate them. We are glad that you had a nice stay at our hotel. We look forward for your visit next time you come to El Salvador
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Better than the Hilton Princess. Better toilet paper, modern, hip and trendy. Excellent location for shopping and dinning. Welcoming staff. One of the desk agents recommended a taxi service that ended up giving me a nice tour. The food is good at the hotel, it also has a small and cute swimming pool, which I liked because it has privacy- not by restaurant windows. Natural orange juice in breakfast!
Sleep quality was not very good. Noisy premises.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Anabell R, Manager at Courtyard San Salvador, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments, we appreciated it.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any support for your next reservation.
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Great place, very clean. The staff is very friendly. I would definitely stay here again. Keep up the good work. I would suggest more street signs and clear directions from the airport to the hotel on how to get there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Luis S, Manager at Courtyard San Salvador, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, we appreciate it!
Please let us if you need more assistance in your next visit
Regards