Arbol de Fuego Eco-Hotel
$215
$100
Hotels.com
$109
Barcelo San Salvador(San Salvador)
$78
Hotels.com
Morrison Hotel(San Salvador)
$224
$51
Hotel Armonia Hostal(San Salvador)(Great Value!)
$36
$35
All reviewsplants and flowerssmall hotellocal coffeestayed herenice areathe staff was friendly and helpfulworked greatrooms are cleanhotel is beautifulpleasant staycommon areaswould stay here againcuscatlanucauniversityneighborhoodantiguo
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. I arrived with my family late at night and the staff arranged a trustworthy taxi to pick us up. The hotel is very clean, safe with all the necessary amenities. It's also located walking distance from the two main museums and la Zona Rosa (nice area with restaurants and bars).

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ksalas84
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in my trips to El Salvador and I have loved in both times. The rooms are simple but cozy. The grounds are so pretty, most notably the courtyard where breakfast is served. I had a group of people and the feeling from them was very positive. The staff were very friendly and the Wifi has been updated from last year so you can get reception throughout the hotel. The breakfast is the same so after day 3 I was going out for breakfast and not taking the free breakfast offered. But minor issues aside I was very happy with our stay

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. As a young woman traveling alone with an overnight and all day layover in San Salvador, I was worried about finding a safe place in the city to spend the night, as well as getting to and from the hotel safely on a budget. The hotel arranged both a taxi pickup at the airport as well as one to take me from the hotel to the airport the next day for a very reasonable price. The room was clean, comfortable, and safe, and having access to a shower with hot water, as well as wi-fi right in the room was much appreciated. Although I didn't use them, there are also a TV and air conditioner in the room, along with the fan. The staff here could not be friendlier, and they are happy to assist you with whatever you may need. Breakfast was delicious, and sitting in the garden sipping coffee is a beautiful way to start the day. This really is a "gem" in the city, and the hotel works hard to conserve natural resources as much as possible. I felt safe, comfortable, and relaxed the entire time, and due to the outstanding help of the staff and the beautiful hotel, I ended up enjoying my short stay in San Salvador and wishing I had more time here. If I am ever able to return to the city, I know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Marissa G
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The staff was very attentive, even before I arrived. They communicated with me by e-mail very quickly after I made inquiries and were friendly and accommodating.
This is an "eco-hotel" that makes every effort to conserve resources while at the same time offering the guests all the ammenities--air-conditioning, TV, WiFi, purified drinking water, hot showers, room phones. Decor is simple, rustic, and the rooms are very clean. A delicious healthy breakfast, which is included, is served in a lovely patio.
Since I was there by myself, I didn't venture out in search of dinner at night--you'd have to walk several blocks to get to a street with cafes. But Hotel Arbol provides a unique service: Gourmet Express, which I really appreciated. There are in-room booklets of menus from almost 50 local restaurants, which will deliver your food to you! This hotel is a great find at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, and in a great location right by UCA! The breakfast is great, the rooms are clean, and the price is good. The service was very good, and they were very accommodating. There's plenty of water to drink, hot water, and coffee to buy.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the building behind the main building.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends