“Great hotel! Definitely Recommended!”

Arbol de Fuego Eco-Hotel
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in San Salvador
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great hotel! Definitely Recommended!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was fascinated by the hotel and would definitely recommend it. I admired knowing that they implement renewable energy sources. The Staff are very friendly, the rooms comfortable, and clean and the atmosphere is very nice. Since it was a business trip, it was important for us to be in a place of easy access. From Arbol de Fuego, you're within five minutes in most strategic locations. I can highly recommende Hotel Arbol de Fuego! Beautiful!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Clean, quiet, simple, lovely staff, eco-friendly, beautiful breakfast surrounded by exotic plants ans birds singing... would defintly recommended and come back, if I had the chance! for the backpackers: a luxury for a mid-budget price!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
kelowna, british columbia
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We emailed the hotel from Leon, Nicaragua and the response was very quick from the staff., We had to change the dates and again they accommodated us with the change. They offered to send a taxi to our bus depot for $5 to pick us up, Unfortunately, TicaBus service is not that reliable and the delays at the borders are unpredictable but Carolina, owner, offered to check on arrival time and assured us that we would be looked after., We finally did arrive close to midnight and were welcomed warmly. The hotel is very clean and safe and in a very safe neighborhood, Walking around this area is not a problem,, The breakfast was excellent, We are having a glass of wine with Carolina who has very interesting stories about life in this beautiful city, She also helped us by phoning the bus companies re our inquiries,

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
los angeles,ca
Reviewed March 1, 2010

very quiet beautiful place to be visiting when you are in san salvador they have lovely service a beautiful garden and a nice secure area in san salvador.i had a beautiful time and i recommend to anybody who would like to visit this small beautiful country.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 15, 2009

This was a very quiet and pretty comfy place to stay. The staff is very attentive and friendly although sometimes there were few minor miscommunications.

It comes with a modest breakfast included and there is also a nice roof and garden to stay in. I found it to be very safe, cleam. and comfy.

Just a couple minor issues. I got a few socks laundered and it cost me $13 which was absurd. Also, although it says taxes are included in the $45 per night cost there is an additional 5 percent tourism tax that seemed a bit deceptive.

Overall this is a great place the only drawback being the nickle and diming that they do to guests. They also have free wireless and a computer in the lobby that is verrry slow.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
AZ, USA
Reviewed August 20, 2009

From the moment we pulled up in front of Arbol de Fuego, I knew that I made a great choice. The place is beautiful! After I booked my room, I asked my friend in San Salvador whether it was in a 'good' part of town. He said that it was and that made me feel comfortable. We pulled up, rang the bell and the man came out to open the gate. Check in was easy. The same man that opened the gate checked me in and was able to communicate enough in English that I felt at ease. He took me down the beautiful plant lined path to my room. The key was attached to a keychain in the shape of a parrot. Cute! I got settled in the room, turned on the air (very cold), the TV (cable), and got on the wireless internet (good and fast). The bed was comfortable and the place was quiet! They provided bottled water each day also. The next morning, I went to the garden area for breakfast (included). It was great. I chose the traditional El Salvador breakfast...eggs, fried plantains (my favorite), beans, bread, fruit, cheese, juice and coffee. Awesome atmosphere! After breakfast, I asked the front desk to help me get a cab. They called and the taxi was there rapidly. If the driver works along with the hotel, it showed. He took me where I wanted to go and stayed with me to make sure I was safe...what a great deal! I stayed for two nights and it was lovely. There is a second floor patio which was just beautiful. You could also go up to the 'roof'' where the view of the San Salvador volcano was just incredible. While on the roof, I was able to watch some young men playing baseball in the field below. The gardens at the hotel were just immaculate! There was one man there taking care of all of the grounds. I had such a positive experience that when I go back to El Salvador, I plan to stay at least one night. I highly recommend staying at the Arbol de Fuego if you ever get to San Salvador!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
#18 of 54 in San Salvador
Villa del Angel Hotel
Villa del Angel Hotel
#6 of 54 in San Salvador

Been to Arbol de Fuego Eco-Hotel? Share your experiences!