“La tierra de mis padres!”

Sheraton Presidente San Salvador
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in San Salvador
New York City, New York
“La tierra de mis padres!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've stayed here before, and I continue to stay here because the atmosphere is wonderful! The bar area is always busy with people and great conversation! Morning breakfast and dining menus are to die for! You can drink your espresso and order a cigar from the Habano S.A. store and relax all day and night! Love this place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed the third week in July in this hotel with my children and my mom. Nice family hotel, beautiful swimming pool, courteous employees, excellent breakfast buffet. We rented the Ranchos-Swimming Pool area to celebrate our mom 100 years old on a Saturday all morning and we had 65 people attending this beautiful reception-reunion, The food and service was very good, a lot of privacy, even when we were in an open area. Everybody enjoyed everything and we all had a great time.

Room Tip: We had one room on the second floor and it had a beautiful terrace-garden, a great place to stay and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Sheraton Presidente is a quiet, well-manored hotel located in a sedate area of San Salvador. Its 4-stories shaped in a semi-circle blend into the surroundings without dominating the skyline. On the Executive Floor, the room was spacious and had a nice view of the nearby dormant volcano that dominates the vista. The Executive Lounge is well-appointed and comfortable. A nice pool, spa and fitness center are also available. In-hotel restaurants are pleasant and offer international cuisine. If museums are your passion, you can walk about 300 feet to the entrance of the cultural museum, which has a great restaurant and an excellent gift shop. The hotel was a pleasant stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is my second time staying at the hotel and I can only give it two thumbs up. It is a beautiful hotel with a friendly staff, excellent rooms, and good food in the restaurant. Given the security concerns in the country, I felt very safe. Obviously, I was not alone. On the day I checked out on my last visit, there were security guards since there was a meeting for the regional Foreign Ministers being held at the hotel that following night. If high level diplomats trust the hotel, so do I.

Also on my last trip, there was a party by the pool (my room faced the pool and we were warned about it). I thought that the room would be quiet enough but it wasn't. I called the front desk and they let me us a room facing the front of the hotel that night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Hotel Sheraton Presidente is a very nice city hotel with a large pool and a beautiful garden. This time we were four persons sharing the same room, which was very spacious and had two king size beds. For four persons the cost is very reasonable indeed. However, the price is the same if you are on your own.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. We were treated with a welcome drink in the bar which we really appreciated. It's a great place to stay and I hope to come back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel is nice, however, the third floor is way overdue for renovation.   The accommodations are dateed includeding the air conditioning.   On my next stay, I will insist on a newer room as I understand they are renovating the rooms -  I assumed this would have happened seeing how I'm an SPG  platinum member, I didn't....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Flyby0161
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I recently traveled to El Salvador for the first time (it is my husband's native country). I was totally unsure of what to expect after stories and pictures I had seen. The Sheraton was a pleasant surprise. It has wonderful amenities- great pool, workout facility, and a wonderful breakfast spot, overlooking the pool area. The room came with 2 breakfasts- which was so good! They serve traditional Salvadoran foods, but also offer the usual "American" choices. Great coffee and great service in the restaurant.
The location was ok. Quick cab ride to restaurants and shopping. Nothing much in real walking distance.
The room was decent, nothing out of the ordinary. We had a suite, very spacious with a mini-kitchen and extra bathroom. The beds were comfy, and the balcony nice. My only complaint was a few things that weren't super clean. The coffee pot and cups were not washed properly, so I had to clean them myself. After all that work, the coffee pot did not work. I am the kind of person who NEEDS coffee first thing, and during this stay, I had to wait until breakfast each morning.
Overall, this place is nice. The breakfast was definitely memorable, a highlight of our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family