All reviews separate living room fourth floor coffee maker king bed recommend this hotel pupusas pillows volcano
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Spent four nights here with spouse on vacation in San Salvador.
The property is co-located with the Crowne Plaza, across from the Plaza Futura World Trade Center.

Check in is at the Crowne Plaza front desk.

We were in Room #656, a very comfortable 2-Room suite with king bed and separate living room. While the room furnishings are a bit dated (hence the 4* instead of 5*), it was very comfortable and we enjoyed having a refrigerator and microwave, as well as coffee maker.

Bath amenities were shampoo and bar soap (no conditioner or hand lotion, which is expected).

Bed was very comfortable with nice linens. Pillows were very full. We liked having a view of the volcano!

The fourth floor of the Plaza Hotel is actually the ground floor of the Crowne Plaza (the Plaza extends down three levels to the lower level parking lot).

Nicely kept pool area.

Breakfast at the Crowne Plaza was included in our rate and I give 5* to the staff in the restaurant! From the executive chef who greeted us warmly each morning, to Teresa C. who remembered by coffee preference each morning and provided a to-go cup, and finally Kelly maker of the best pupusas ever, we looked forward to breakfast each day!

Bus #52 will cheaply take you to/from downtown, or you can take an Uber for about $4 or a taxi for about $8.

We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to anyone wanting a clean and comfortable stay with great staff member to make you feel welcome and at home

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Alejandro B, Front Office Manager at Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Saranger

Thank you for your review. It has been shared with all of our staff. We strive to provide great service and are very proud of our team. For us, it is really important to learn about you experience; thank you for sharing your thoughts! We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to San Salvador.

Guest Experience Champion

Reviewed May 17, 2017

I was surprised when I walked into my room to find a suite. The room I had was had two beds, a kitchenette, a bathroom, a living/working space with a sofa, tv, and worktable, but the appearance did look a bit old. The elevators were a bit shaky during my stay, so I took the stairs a lot. Wifi is strong and stable.

Not sure if it was related to my visit being after a few recent earthquakes, but the hotel building for my room had quite a few long cracks on the walls where the fourth floor of the hotel connected to the outer space of the next door hotel.

This hotel is attached to the Crowne Plaza Hotel, which means I paid a lower cost (compared to the next door hotel), but got to enjoy all the facilities of the higher end neighbor, including restaurants, gym, conference rooms, coffee shop, pool, etc. The hotel is conveniently located near a few restaurants.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Alejandro B, Front Office Manager at Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Dear JulieL

Thank you for your reply, regarding a few long cracks on the wall we fix them all already, on the fourth floor, We are ecstatic to learn that you had a pleasant experience with us at Plaza Hotel And Suites . It was delightful to have you as our guest; we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to El Salvador.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2016

So, I think this would have been a good deal if I could actually use the facilities of the Crowne Plaza - the hotel going under some remodelling so they don't have a pool nor the full gym. However they did offer us to take us to a country club for free, in their shuttle, but we had to schedule it beforehand. That's a little bit inconvenient and nobody advised us until we actually arrived there.

My main issue is that I felt the room was a bit spend for the condition of the room itself... torn tables, the bathroom sink was falling apart, scratched furniture, which is not a big deal, but I felt like I pay a lot of money to have the room being in this condition.

The rooms are really big and comfortable. We stayed at a single King room, had a nice view. The kitchen is really small but we weren't there for long so that was okay. It has a large living room area with a desk.

For like $11.00 we had breakfast buffet at the Crowne which was good.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

This is where I like to stay when in San Salvador, it's a suite, so the kids can stay watching TV in the separate living room. There is a refrigerator and a wet bar, this hotel shares everything with the crown plaza hotel, so it's even better still. The staff is great, efficient and always available. Now, this hotel is not a 3 star, it's like staying at your rich uncle's mansion but in the back house, where the help stays.. it's not bad at all, but remember you are NOT staying at the crown plaza, this plaza is old, smelly and run down. To top it off, there is a construction going on since the beginning of the year, workers are at your level just across your line of view at the window. 7am sharp began the hammering, shouting and everything else involved in a major construction (adjacent building). I don't mind (that much) either way the kids will be up at 7 anyway...

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Alejandro B, Director de Recepción at Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Dear Manuel C

Thank you very for sharing your comments with us!!! We are so glad to know that you enjoy your stay al plaza hotel and suites, a very conformtable rooms with a separate living room !!! plus you hade all the bennefits that shares Crowne Plaza.

Hope to see you in your next trip to San Salavador!!!

We will be glad to have you as guest

My regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

The room is big for families, it has two queen beds, but also a sofa, two TVs and a kitchenette.

I think the hotel is a little old style, but it great shape. And the advantage of a bigger room for a low price.

Also it shares the amenities with the Crown Plaza Hotel, so the pool is great, the breakfasts it's more than excellent, (I enjoyed the pupusas on the breakfast).

It also neer the World Trade Center, were you can find more alternative places to eat.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Alejandro B, Front Office Manager at Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

Dear Rodrigo

Thank you for your excellent comments regarding Plaza Hotel And Suites, It seems that you really enjoy your stay with us, next time try our pupusas at El Mirador for breakfast they are made at the moment.

Hope to see you on your next trip to San Salvador,

Best Regards,