Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador
$117
$106
  • Pool
$89
Barcelo San Salvador(San Salvador)
$63
$61
Barcelo.com
Morrison Hotel(San Salvador)(Great Value!)
$212
$51
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $68/night.

Hotel Armonia Hostal(San Salvador)(Great Value!)
$41
Hotel Tazumal House(San Salvador)(Great Value!)
$38
$37
$82
$62
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $77/night.

$65
All reviewsthe world trade centernice breakfast buffetvolcano viewsome great restaurantspupusasbusiness loungevery nice hotelvery pleasant staybusiness triprooms are spaciousconvention centerrecommend this hotelgreat poolomeletgreat place to stayexcellent servicethe air conditioning
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed in the Plaza Suites option, which is the cheaper portion of the CP.

The room was very old and in need of revamp, with paint chips and carpet stains. That said, the room gives the user access to the CP pool, gym, restaurants, etc, which are of a good standard.

The breakfast buffet represented excellent value.

The staff were the highpoint of the CP. They were professional, helpful, and extremely courteous, welcoming, and friendly. Excellent!!!!!

One caveat: some of the advice I received from the concierge was poor and may have reflected a admit he didn't have an answer. I wanted to scuba dive and was told that the operator I had requested was unprofessional, which turned out to be quite untrue. I was told it would cost me $400 to dive by myself (another operator charged me $45) and when I expressed my disbelief, I was then told that if there were three others diving, I would pay $90. As $90 X 4 = $360, I'm not certain what $400 represented apart from an attempt to gouge me financially.

When I return to San Salvador, I'll shop around. That said, this is a reasonable option to which I may return to, especially given the fantastic staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Tania H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Wandering_Rick:

We are very happy to learn about your experience at Plaza Hotel & Suites building we are in the process of rooms renovations.

We Love to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for preferring us; it was delightful to have you as our guest.

Your comments are very important to our team since we are always working towards your satisfaction. Thank you for reviewing us!

We hope to see you soon on your next trip to San Salvador.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

It is older but very good, the service staff was amazing and the view from the window to the volcano of San Salvador was a true experience. The hotel chain is always leave a great impression to travelers. Yes I will return to this place without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Tania H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Mr. Morris,

Thank you for sharing your review. We love to learn about your experience with us and appreciate your comments. It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to El Salvador!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is my fourth business trip to San Salvador. I continue to be impressed by this little country that could and does everyday. I am particularly impressed with my choice of hotel accommodations on this trip. The Crowne Plaza is a wonderful sprawling hotel full of energetic employees who are a breath of fresh air in this culturally rich Central American city. I am not an easy sell. My job requires travel for at least 9 months out of the year, so very little surprises or impresses me. The Crowne Plaza dares you to not be impressed. A huge part of this hotel's winning customer care formula appears to be rooted in employees who genuinely put forth an effort to make each guest feel welcomed and accommodated beyond their expectations. A huge thanks to concierge Roberto Medina, you sir are a true jewel in the Crowne of this hotel. You are competent, attentive, knowledgeable and genuine. Your hotel is very fortunate to have you as a part of their organization. Thank you Roberto, for making my stay a memorable one. I am looking forward to my return. I have already booked my next reservation.

Thank you Crowne Plaza!

Room Tip: Firmest mattress i have ever slept on, but certainly not a negative experience
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JOHN R
Tania H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear John R,

Thank you for this fantastic review. Our staff strives to create memorable experiences; we are overjoyed to learn you had a pleasant stay. We appreciate your comments and will share them with Roberto and everyone in our team. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to San Salvador.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

In October my husband and I spent 2 weeks in The Crowne Plaza, the staff is amazing they go out of their way to make you feel especial and comfortable, especially the Bar and restaurant staff and not to mention the bell boys.

Wonderful place but this time we were a bit disappointed about the shuttle bus, three years ago when we visited, they were available every single day all day, this time only after 7pm and they have a fixed timetable, which is nice but not always convenient.
Thelma Martinez
Australia

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tania H, Director de Recepción at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Salvad0rena,
Thank you for your review. Our staff is very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay; we are committed to delivering memorable experiences to our guests.
Your comments regarding the shuttle will be shared with the related departments in an effort to provide you with a better service. We hope you will prefer Crowne Plaza San Salvador on your next trip to El Salvador.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

A great place to stay - but the jewels in their crowne (sorry!) are the concierge staff, namely Astrid & Roberto, both of whom went out of their way to ensure our stay was just perfect.
We were on the 7th floor with fabulous volcano and city views.
Not a great fan of hotel restaurants in general, on our last night & being car-less, decided to eat at the main restaurant. It was really, really good - I don't think I have ever had such a great meal in a hotel, with the possible exception of Claridges!

El Salvador is an absolutely lovely country - so much to do and see - well worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tania H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear YR R,
Thank you for your review. It has been shared with all of our staff. Astrid and Roberto are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide great service and are very proud of our team. For us, it is really important to learn about you experience; thank you for sharing your thoughts! We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to San Salvador.