“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh
“Great hotel”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

A very pleasant hotel. I was impressed with the room and the balcony.

There is a fridge and stove in the room but they're not on or functioning.

For some reason I can't my iphone to make calls on the "moviestar" cell provider but when I can get "claro" I can.

The ranching breakfast buffet is an omelet, cereal bread juice deal. Very nice.

Haven't been in the pool but it looks clean and pretty.

Parking is great. A hidden parking lot

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank KarlMessner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Healdsburg, California
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Basically a slightly buffed version of your basic third world hotel. Hard bed, lumpy pillows and noisy. But AC cranked and they have wifi. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It's a good value. They offer a breakfast which unfortunately we weren't able to take full advantage of due to our bus departure time. They did open it up for us and it has everything you would want out of a hotel breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for soft pillows.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Four nights in a suite with a small kitchen was $365.00. The hotel managed airport pick-up for $30. Probably could have gotten it cheaper, but I was entering a new country and did not want to risk of anything going afoul.

Room had up and running Wi-Fi, big flat screen TV, and was quite comfortable. Room also came with free breakfast buffet, which stopped at 10:00. I'm usually not a breakfast guy, but it was a local fare and was very tasty. Hotel had a pool and bar. Bar was open until 11:00, but closed on Sunday. Hotel staff was outstanding!

Taxis or drivers were always available in front of the hotel. Hector, Josue, and Oscar were all stand-up guys, and one or two of them were always around when I needed a ride. If I wanted to use them long term, such as to drive me around to check out different places, which I did on a few occasions, the price was usually $10 per hour. Which was good, considering gas prices started at $4.34 per gallon.

The hotel staff was great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I stay here at least twice a year and they are always excellent to me. The breakfast is amazing and it is very close to shopping and many places to eat. The housekeeping staff does excellent work as well. Luis always does his best to take care of our groups! Thanks so much

• Stayed March 2012
La Puente, California
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We really had a nice stay in this hotel. They made it easy for my mom who had problems with stairs and put ramps for her so it will be accessible. They very courteous and treated us with respect and were always very attentive to help me with my mom. The service at the restaurant was excellent and when I requested something for my mom they ready to do it. We were very plesased with our stay and will stay there if we go back.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to the stairs, it is too noisy especially on the weeekends.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I recently booked this hotel with my mission group of over 32 people and we all had an amazing stay. They grounds were very well kept and the entire experience was excellent. We are staying with them again in June and expect nothing to be different! What a great place to stay....

Room Tip: the double suites are the best!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DrDarrow
World CItizens
Reviewed May 29, 2010

The Novo Apart hotel is appropriately named. It´s apart from the main part of the city while still being a part of the city. The rooms at Novo Apart are also set up to be like apartments.

The beds at Hotel Novo Apart were comfortable and the shower was warm. Not hot, but it was definitely a warm shower for the entire duration of my 8 minute shower, something I´ve discovered to be a bit of a novelty in Central America.

My favorite part of Novo Apart Hotel was the breakfast (Desayuno: dess – eye – you – no in Spanish). They had cook-to-order omlettes (a treat we haven´t had since hotel Aranjuez in Costa Rica), fried yucca with spicy salsa, watermelon, bread, fresh squeezed orange juice, and plantain sweetened and with cinnamon.

People do a lot with plantain in central America. It´s fun to discover all kinds of new options for things we can do with food when we get to a place where we`ll be cooking again.

We could have cooked at our kitchen at Novo Apart… there were dishes and a pan and a stove, but we were only in San Salvador for 1 day and 2 nights so we wanted to maximize our time in seeing the city.

We also had dinner at the hotel. Novo Apart´s restaurant has many options on their dinner menu, and Carrie and I both found options we liked, which included a side salad… something we’ve been missing during our travels in central America.

We didn’t use the pool, but from our experience, Novo Apart´s pool is very clean and a nice place to sit while relaxing or catching some El Salvadorean sun.

Most El Salvador hotels we found were $110 or more per night. At $65-$80 per night, Hotel Novo Apart is one of the least expensive nicer hotels we found in San Salvador, and it comes recommended if you´re looking for a less expensive option where you will still feel comfortable and catered to.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business