“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in San Salvador
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

This is a great hotel with great service and outstanding value. Located very close to everything you want to see in the city.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the 3rd floor towards the back.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Conrad0509

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We arrived from a red-eye flight at 1 am, all that we wanted was go to the hotel and sleep nice, well, from the very first moment in the middle of the night the front desk person was very nice. He informed that our room included free breakfast too, our first good surprise was when we got to the room, it has a small kitchen with pretty much everything except a stove, I tough that was wonderful, specially when you have a 8 months old baby.
We did like a lot too, that was simple but neat, and spacious we were 2 adults with 2 kids, there were 2 queen beds, and we still setup the travel crib for our little one.
At breakfast this was the best!!!, we were expecting the typical "American" breakfast....NO WAY, they have a chef! with a table buffet style, my husband and big kid are very picky and didn't like the eggs with vegetables that they were offering..., when I asked her if she could get me some eggs without anything.., she even asked me, if I really didn't want to add something..., well she cooked eggs with ham, just at the way my family likes, and that right there, I can not give them less than 5 stars.
This people really care about COMFORT and pamper their guest!
By the way I am bilingual English-spanish (I know not so good in the first one, hehehe), but my Hubie doesn't talk Spanish in all. But the front desk people were full bilingual in a dawn good English!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CaroleMeyer
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

This hotel is very clean and has security at the doors outside. You feel very secure when staying here. Nice beds and showers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Panama City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

This is not a luxurious hotel, but it definitely has everything one needs for a comfortable stay as far as business trips go. I have stayed here a few times in the past 18 months.

Some of the things I like
* Free and fast wifi
* Nice and clean rooms (at least the last three times that I have visited)
* Buffet breakfast, though not the most extravagant and varied in San Salvador, has enough of the basics to keep one happy (variety of fruits, egg menu varieties, cereals, types of bread, etc)
* Secluded area not in the business district
* Nice lush patio area makes one forget one is in the most deforested country in Central America
* Good ol' true Salvadoran hospitality

Some of the things I do not like
* Towels have low thread count, leading one to need two towels instead of one to get oneself dry after a shower
* Not all cabbies know this address by heart, unlike bigger hotels like Holiday Inn, etc (better to keep the address on record)
* No external restaurants within walking distance

Overall, I think that looking at the price vs. what one gets (in other words, value) this is a great option for a business traveller in San Salvador

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lat-Am-Road-Warrior
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

I've been to El Salvador three times and the hotels can be sketchy. The only hotels I have no complaints about are Comfort Inns. They are very clean. The food is excellent. Friendly staff. The floors are not carpeted and there are no comforters, only sheets and blankets. These are good things since it makes the place more clean. No complaints.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

I stayed here four times whilst travelling throughout Central America. The rooms were a standard chain room but that meant that everything worked, they were clean and cool and had a nice solid feel about them. I liked the open plan layout of the floors and the free wirleless internet in the rooms was a real bonus. The breakfast was good and the location not bad at all. I enjoyed my walks to the nearby shoping mall and further afield. The security was first class, staff excellent and helpful to a tee. I would thoroughly recommend staying here if you need to spend a day or two in San Salvador. The laundry service was excellent. A large washing machine and dryer downstairs allowed me to get all of my laundry done in one go for 8 US. Yes I know that a cheap laundry would be cheaper but you have to find one, then carry all of the clothing and then collect it. For 8 US dollars I doubt you could get more than two or three drinks back in the US.

• Liked — Solid feel and facilities
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo