My wife and I stayed in the Intercontinental Real for a week to attend a wedding. From the minute we arrived, the service was exemplary, with no exceptions. The front desk, waiters, room maids... nothing was too much trouble and every effort was made to cater for our every request.
The location is busy, next to the Metrocentro shopping centre which was built some years ago. However, access is easy and the hotel 40 minutes to an hour from the airport. The hotel has been recently refurbished and the interior common parts are of a high standard, although chairs/sofas now showing some signs now of ageing. We stayed in a junior suite that was well equipped although could have done with some pictures of decorations on the walls, otherwise extremely comfortable. The bed was just right and the bathroom good. Everything was spotlessly clean.
As part of our room package we had access to the Club lounge and the buffet breakfast which every day contained an excellent selection of typical Salvadoran food such as pupusas, chorizos de Cojutepeque and of course frijoles refritos. Superb. An example of the service was that if there was something you wanted, it was no trouble to get it for you.
We also ate in the restaurants: the Brazilian buffet was superb, the Mexican grill/bar served geat margaritas, and the bistro/bar an excellent place to meet friends, and have a drink and a chat.
There is a 24-hour gym, beauty treatment if required but the hotel management does need to put a proper salon in place and not rely on the cramped bathroom adapted for this purpose.
The pool is small but adequate, with poolside service available.
Finally, the gardens are beautiful and immaculately maintained.
Overall, a most pleasant experience that complemented the great time we had at the wedding.
A last note: there is a lot written about the violence in San Salvador but we saw and experienced nothing. Security is tight around the hotel. We walked across a pedestrian road bridge to go shopping in Metrocentro and felt quite safe, albeit taking all the usual precautions as advised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is located at the city's business center and next to Metrocentro Mall, one of Central America's largest shopping malls with more than 500 venues. Our guestrooms are designed to ensure your best rest, equipped with soundproof windows, custom mattresses, high streaming speed Internet and more. Enjoy our wide selection of restaurants such as Faisca do Brasil, an authentic rodizio style Brazilian steakhouse. Nau Sushi Lounge where guests enjoy fresh sushi rolls, handcrafted cocktails and live music. Picasso Stone Flame Oven is our casual restaurant, the perfect spot for enjoying pizzas, carpaccios, burgers, pastas and desserts. Guests can exercise at our fitness center or relax at our Spa InterContinental where they can choose from a variety of soothing massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotels Real San Salvador Hotel San Salvador
- Intercontinental San Salvador
- San Salvador Intercontinental
- Real InterContinental San Salvador At Metrocentro Mall El Salvador