Tripadvisor
San Salvador
1,107 results
All reviews nau lounge picasso restaurant directly across the street sushi great hotel executive floor club level an oasis nice gym pupusas business trip rooms are big comfortable rooms brazil mall alexander misael
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It’s a nice and very large hotel , it has few good restaurants. I took a suite which was spacious and nice. Like the service of concierge, front desk and club lounge.
It’s close to a shopping mall across the road. You need to take a elevated foot bridge to cross the road and reach the mall.
The mall is very large , didn’t like the design of the mall as it’s spread across in independent blocks connected by foot bridge and it’s tedious to walk.
Location is nice and I recommend it as a nice luxury hotel

Date of stay: December 2019
Real-IC, Gerente at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are very grateful for the loyalty of someone like you. Thank you for being our guest. Thank you also for being so supportive. We will share with the staff

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This hotel was built back in late 70's yet they have managed to preserve it well, modernized it and the luxury is there, and got even better. Beds are so nice and comfortable and they make me feel very safe in an area where... I am afraid I would not walk alone around. No way.
Hotel-inside restaurants are diverse: Faica Do Brasil its a good and nice Brazilian cuisine that I always enjoy, but for lunch as "all you can eat" is just too much for me for a working dinner. Come over, you will enjoy this hotel.

Room tip: Close to city center, old yet still very fancy and comfortable
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

You are the best! Thanks for your generous notes! Thanks for being an awesome guest!

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Very nice, clean, quiet hotel. Check in was a bit slow but otherwise no issues at all. Very nice room, bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows are great! Food in the restaurants was excellent, the Brazilian BBQ was a great treat - a bit pricey but the food was delicious and the service was good. Nice clean pool but it's right beside the street so although there's privacy with a fence and trees, it was quite noisy. Fitness centre is adequate, provides ice water and fresh fruit as well. Concierge desk was really efficient helping us book a quite for a small tour, and booking our early morning ride back to the hotel. There is no hotel shuttle, it's about a 30 min drive to the airport in no traffic, can be much longer during peak traffic times.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Real-IC, Gerente at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Your comments make a big difference to efforts our staff put in. Thank You for making this difference!

These notes contribute to our success. Many thanks for your support, guidance and encouragement. We enjoyed having you as our guest.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Especially in the Concierge Club on the 8th Floor! Anthony and Christian especially were extremely helpful and provided great customer service! We are recurring guests to El Salvador and we look forward to staying here!

Room tip: The Club on the 8th Floor have excellent service and extras are worth the money. we love a glass of wine in the evening’s happy hour.
Date of stay: January 2020
Real-IC, Gerente at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Want to thank you a million times for your kind comments! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 30, 2019

When I think of the Intercontinental as a brand, I equate it other luxury brands of hotel.

Unfortunately my stay at this Intercontinental may likely be my last with the brand. I purchased 3 rooms. And all three rooms were on the fourth floor. Each room was comfortable and clean. However one room had a TV that had a vertical red bar in the middle and the safe was inoperable.

I assume because of the Holidays (shortly after Christmas but before New Years) a number of parties were going on. One party was in the outside area of the hotel. The DJ was loud and interfered with my enjoyment of the room.

Lastly, I traveled with my family and while the steak house made no mention that reservations were required there was an hour wait. This is understandable but perhaps frustration. What is unacceptable is that the second restaurant refused to even seat us or give us an approximate time for when we could be accommodate instead the host attempted to push us into the sushi bar.

Do yourself a favor and stay at another brand of hotel.

Room tip: If possible do not select a room overlooking their veranda, elect for the other side.
Date of stay: December 2019
Real-IC, Gerente at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

I would like to apologize por your experience. We couldn’t improve without your constructive comments. Thank you for taking the time.