Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall
Travelocity
Morrison Hotel(San Salvador)
$224
$51
Barcelo San Salvador(San Salvador)
$78
$72
$77
$68
$65
Hotel Armonia Hostal(San Salvador)(Great Value!)
$36
$35
All reviewsnice hotelsushimetro centrothe club loungemetrocentro mallan oasisexcellent servicecentral americapupusasbusiness tripbusiness centerbreakfast buffetrooms are spaciousenjoyed my staybrazilvladimirnau
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I were in San Salvador for several days on a mission trip, and we stayed here on the first and last nights (after a few days in the poor areas of the country). This was like an oasis - truly a first class hotel with good food, friendly staff, and very reasonable rates (although I say that without having compared prices at other hotels). The rooms were beautiful and nicely appointed. I didn't have time to check out the other amenities, but we were very comfortable and would absolutely stay here if we return to San Salvador.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear ChappySeattle:

Thank so much for your review!!!
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful staff and nice facilities, though with a major renovation program underway so hardhats and hammering were part of each day (but not bothersome, except for one or two restaurants being closed.) Both the Italian and Brazilian restaurants were good but definitely not cheap by local standards. Newly-renovated gym is compact but fully functional with all-new equipment -- and probably is now the best hotel gym in San Salvador. Outdoor pool rather small but never crowded during my stay. Wireless internet was surprisingly fast and reliable throughout the hotel. My "king deluxe room" felt smaller than those at the older Sheraton Presidente, but everything worked, so no complaints. (IHG Plats take note -- this property apparently considers an identical room on the "IHG Rewards Club Exclusive Floor" to be your guaranteed upgrade... no real difference from the "upgrades" given to Golds and I assume also Club level members.)

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the street and looking out to the Metrocenter mall -- significantly quieter than on the other side which gets more nightclub noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear David H:

Thank very much for your review and also for being part of our IHG reward club!!! We are delighted with your comments and are committed to maintaining the great level of service that you received during your stay.

Thank you and we look forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel three times and I feel like I've been going there for ever. Everybody says hi to me they all remember me and welcome me back. I can really feel at home here while I am away from home.

Room Tip: I have had a good experience with all my rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Joe S:

Thank you very much for your review !!!

We hope you will come and visit us again!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a couple of times and every time I go there the service is magnificent. In the other hand my husband every time he travels for work he stays at this hotel (8 to 10 times a year). But this last time I was overwhelming impressed with the service that was displayed. The personal at the hotel are allays going above and beyond the expected and they do not hesitate to do anything that makes the guest fell good. I know this is a 5 star hotel and they suppose to do it, but the staff here they make sure that they just not only due it but they due it with pleasure and a seance of pride to their job. Thank you Steven and the entire team at Hotel Real Intercontinental San Salvador.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Real-IC, Manager at Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Pam0618:

Thank you very much for this wonderful review!!
Our staff takes great care to treat each of our guests like family so they are overjoyed to hear your kind words

Thank you and we look forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This Intercontinental is a great choice in San Salvador. It is located near many restaurants and there is a ton of shopping for anything you may need. A taxi ride to Zona Rosa is only about 15 minutes away ($7-$8) The rooms are clean as well as all common areas. They were putting together the final renovations on the gym when I was there. Brand new equipment, carpeting, etc.
They service is definitely one of their strong points. Everyone in the hotel is eager to help and is incredibly friendly. Good bar in the lobby with a wide variety of drinks and also quite an expansive menu. They have a couple of restaurants and were putting in a new one. I'm not sure what it was as they were still building it out.

It was surprisingly quiet in the rooms. My room overlooked a busy street with cars on it all day and night. However the room was well insulated and I wasn't not disturbed.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank David I

Dear David I:

Thank very much for your review!!! We are very pleased to know that you enjoy our hotel and our facilities!!!

We look forward to receiving you again in the near future.