This hotel was excellent.
THE BEST PARTS:
-the BED was probably the most comfortable I've ever slept on;
-the fitness centre was good for a hotel and there was air conditioning;
-two hotel bars open until 11:00pm - Tequila (more of a pub style) and another lounge;
-although it is a pet peeve of mine to have to pay for internet, you can add internet and the buffet breakfast to your room rate for $19.99 which isn't bad (most hotels charge this much just for the breakfast);
-location - close to Metro Centro shopping centre (there is a walkway which connects the hotel to the mall);
-Quiet - I had a room right in front of the elevator but never heard any noise;
-in-room safe and mini-bar;
-the wireless internet was reliable and fast;
-Check-in was efficient and friendly - they allowed us to check out pretty late (4pm) without a charge. They said we could have 3pm checkout for free because I am a Priority Club member but easily relented to a 4pm checkout without charge. 5pm would have cost $50;
-Shuttle picked us up at the airport (unexpected). When entering El Salvador at night this is a good thing, especially for safety-conscious travelers unfamiliar with the country. At $38 USD for 2 people, it was an okay price (for a 40km drive) but you can get a taxi for only $25 USD;
-I asked for guacamole and chips but it's not available unless you purchase the snack/taco bar... waiter comped it for us (free).
-Due to jet lag I overslept and didn't eat the above-mentioned breakfast yet they refused to charge me only for the internet (I paid the full 19.99 despite not getting breakfast);
-The food / snack options at the bar (tequila) were, in my opinion, not that great;
-location - I know I put it in the plus column vis-a-vis the shopping centre, but it is about 40km from the airport;
-The air conditioning fan did make a bit of noise, but it was quieter than many and it was constant (not that clicking-on-and-off you get at some hotels) so I was easily able to sleep through it;
-The upholstery in the lounge was dirty and stained;
-Maybe it's just El Salvador but if you're white with tattoos you should consider covering them up unless you like being stared at (staff and guests alike).
-I didn't eat at the restaurants (besides a snack @ Tequila bar)
-didn't use the valet.
-Since we were only there for 1 night I cannot comment on the housekeeping either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is located at the city's business center and next to Metrocentro Mall, one of Central America's largest shopping malls with more than 500 venues. Our guestrooms are designed to ensure your best rest, equipped with soundproof windows, custom mattresses, high streaming speed Internet and more. Enjoy our wide selection of restaurants such as Faisca do Brasil, an authentic rodizio style Brazilian steakhouse. Nau Sushi Lounge where guests enjoy fresh sushi rolls, handcrafted cocktails and live music. Picasso Stone Flame Oven is our casual restaurant, the perfect spot for enjoying pizzas, carpaccios, burgers, pastas and desserts. Guests can exercise at our fitness center or relax at our Spa InterContinental where they can choose from a variety of soothing massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Real InterContinental San Salvador at Metrocentro Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotels Real San Salvador Hotel San Salvador
- Intercontinental San Salvador
- San Salvador Intercontinental
- Real InterContinental San Salvador At Metrocentro Mall El Salvador