Very good hotel, friendly, professional staff at all times ( my special thanks to Carlos). Building is new, spacious ad comfortable rooms. Breakfast is great, they have their own cook that makes omelets for you and lots of fruit and other fresh stuff. Very attentive personnel, just be careful not to let you charge too much for taxi ( hire them by the hour at $12 instead of a two way ride at $25 each way).
STAY AWAY ON WEEKENDS unless you are able to sleep with very LOUD music. I stayed over weekend and friday they had an ALL OUT PARTY WITH A BAND AND VERY, VERY LOUD SPEAKERS downstairs in the pool area. Even with the windows closed, in the 6 th floor, I had to have the TV at high volume so I could watch TV. I had to leave, and back after midnight so I could stay in the room.
Hotel personnel offered me a room on the other side of the building but I just opted to leave...not the employees fault but did the best they could. The hotel operators should not organize parties at hotels, it is VERY irrespecutful for the guests...hotels are suppose to be a place to rest, not to party.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn San Salvador. Attractions: El Salvador Int'l Airport 27.5 Mi./44 Km., US Embassy 4 blks, Feria Int'l 1.8 Mi./3 Km., Botanic Garden 1/2 Mi./1 Km.,Arts & Crafts Market 1.5 Mi./2.5 Km., Casinos Nearby, Beaches and Ruins 30 min., Basilica de Guadalupe, 1/2 Mi./1 Km., La Gran Via 1/2Mi./1Km,Multiplaza 1/2Mi./1Km,Zona Rosa 2 Mi./3.5 Km., Flor Blanca Stadium 3.2 Mi./5 Km., Metro Cathedral 8 Mi./13 Km. Facilities: 126 rooms, 7 floors, 3 Suites, Mtgs/Banq. to 1000, int. corridor, elevator, free parking, Non-smoking floors. Features: outdoor pool, El Balsamo Restaurant, lounge bar, local and cable TV w/HBO/ESPN/CNN/TBS/TNT, Pay-Per-View movies, wheelchair acom., in-room coffee maker, hairdryer, in-room safety deposit box, smoke detector, gym/exercise room. Services: Business Center, scheduled airport shuttle ($18.00 each way). MISC.: No pets, no kennels Directions: From El Salvador Int'l Airport, take Comalapa Hwy to the Autopista Sur. Head Toward San Salvador City. Turn Left onto Autopista Sur, toward Santa Tecla City. Stay on Santa Tecla Hwy, turn left Toward Urb. Santa Elena, turn left onto Santa Elena Blvd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn San Salvador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Salvador Hotel San Salvador
- San Salvador Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn San Salvador El Salvador