Some things about this hotel were good and some things were inexpicably not good. For example, the fitness room is fine with 2 treadmills, 2 elipticals, 2 stationary bikes and weights and a TV that works fine, but there are no mats, no stretching space, and no attendant. The hotel would let it get really hot in the gym until someone would call the front desk, and then the electrician would immediately arrive and fix the problem. My room was fine with good lighting, the most water pressure I've ever experienced in my entire life, and a spectacular view of the Boqueron volcano, but the bed was rock hard, it was nearly impossible to close the curtains completely and one of the phones did not work. The soap, lotion and shampoo that was provided were all fine. The high speed internet is complementary and works just fine. There are many TV channels but only about 4 are in English. The pool is a huge 'what were they thinking'. It is almost 5' deep and on the day I arrived, it was very dirty, but was clean everyday thereafter, but cold. There are only 3 lounge chairs but it is the location that is a complete mystery. It is in the same enclosed courtyard as the restaurant, so there you are laying at the pool in your bathing suit and diners are 20 feet away from you. It is very awkward. When I checked in I asked for the room on an upper floor farthest from the elevator, and Pamela at the front desk smiled, nodded and gave me room 600 closest to the elevator. I was told by Expedia that the bottled water would be complementary, but the hotel said no. However, when I mentioned this to the front desk staff, they shrugged their shoulders and said it was policy. Only when I said I would have to move to another hotel did complementary bottled water appear, and I had no trouble after that. Same thing for the hotel shuttle. I paid for a shuttle ($16) through Expedia but when I arrived at the San Salvador airport I was told that I would have to wait 2 hours before the shuttle could leave for the hotel because we were waiting for other passengers. When I said this was unacceptable, miracuously I was put in another car and taken to the hotel. Not knowing any different, I paid the driver in cash and he took my money. When I asked about the return shuttle on the day before my departure, I was told by the front desk that the shuttle only left the hotel at 11:30am, an hour and a half after I needed to leave, so I would have to take a cab for $9 extra dollars. I told them that was not acceptable, and again, a car was provided for me at no extra cost at the price I had paid. But at that point I found out that I had paid twice for the arriving shuttle and they credited my card for the payment. So, ask for things and insist on getting the items you want. The location of the hotel is excellent as there are shops and restaurants right across the street and the US Embassy is just down the street and the view of the volcano is wonderful. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again, but don't expect flawless service and you have to advocate for yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn San Salvador. Attractions: El Salvador Int'l Airport 27.5 Mi./44 Km., US Embassy 4 blks, Feria Int'l 1.8 Mi./3 Km., Botanic Garden 1/2 Mi./1 Km.,Arts & Crafts Market 1.5 Mi./2.5 Km., Casinos Nearby, Beaches and Ruins 30 min., Basilica de Guadalupe, 1/2 Mi./1 Km., La Gran Via 1/2Mi./1Km,Multiplaza 1/2Mi./1Km,Zona Rosa 2 Mi./3.5 Km., Flor Blanca Stadium 3.2 Mi./5 Km., Metro Cathedral 8 Mi./13 Km. Facilities: 126 rooms, 7 floors, 3 Suites, Mtgs/Banq. to 1000, int. corridor, elevator, free parking, Non-smoking floors. Features: outdoor pool, El Balsamo Restaurant, lounge bar, local and cable TV w/HBO/ESPN/CNN/TBS/TNT, Pay-Per-View movies, wheelchair acom., in-room coffee maker, hairdryer, in-room safety deposit box, smoke detector, gym/exercise room. Services: Business Center, scheduled airport shuttle ($18.00 each way). MISC.: No pets, no kennels Directions: From El Salvador Int'l Airport, take Comalapa Hwy to the Autopista Sur. Head Toward San Salvador City. Turn Left onto Autopista Sur, toward Santa Tecla City. Stay on Santa Tecla Hwy, turn left Toward Urb. Santa Elena, turn left onto Santa Elena Blvd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn San Salvador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Salvador Hotel San Salvador
- San Salvador Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn San Salvador El Salvador