All reviewsthe ground floorcomfortable staysofasheetsbeddesksleepnoisesecuritytv
Reviewed August 31, 2017

I spent 16 days at Hotel Armonia Hostal after the house I rented was made uninhabitable by a flood. Best choice ever! The air-conditioned rooms in the two-story hotel are spotless and are cleaned daily, the breakfast is tasty, and the staff is friendly and helpful. My first two days were in a large sunny room on the 2nd floor that had a street view (no refrigerator). It was noisier due to street traffic, but it was charming listening to the birds in the morning, and watching the locals go about their business, and watching the squirrels travel on the utility wires. On the third day, since that room was already reserved for someone else, I was moved to another room in the rear that included cable tv, a couch, table, and a refrigerator. Not all rooms have a refrigerator, so if you need one, be sure to ask. The wi-fi signal is excellent, and there is a computer in the lobby if you don't have one of your own. There are no mosquitos. Bottled water and soft drinks are available for purchase at the desk. The 24/7 neighborhood security patrol is located across the street, and the neighborhood is safe enough to walk after dark to three good restaurants located a few blocks away. If you want your meal delivered, the hotel can arrange that easily. A shopping center and more restaurants are located a few more blocks away. If you don't have a car and don't want to take the big city bus for 20 cents, the hotel has a list of reliable taxi drivers available day or night to take you wherever you want to go, and wait for you as long as you need, Airport service can be arranged (the standard price even at the airport is $28). The staff can also arrange sightseeing tours or a driver for the day. Their English may not be fluent, but it's good enough to get by. Not wheelchair accessible yet.

The hotel also has a well-appointed air-conditioned business center that can seat 50 people comfortably, and comes equipped with a kitchen, restrooms, and amenities such as a projection screen. The tropical gardens have outdoor seating and supply the room with cool fragrant breezes.

From now on, Hotel Armonia Hostal is my place to stay in San Salvador. My sincerest thanks to la doctora (the owner), Dario, Irma, Patti, and Alex, for making my stay a most wonderful experience. Somos amigos por vida. :)

Room Tip: Rooms in the front are sunny but have more street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank elisacleek
Armonia H, Director Comercial at Hotel Armonia Hostal, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Pleased to know that you liked our hotel, your comment gives us strength to continue working with good quality standards and that our guests and visitors really feel at home. Happy day

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Thanks to all the great people that work at the Hotel Armonía Hostal. Breakfast was delicious. Yum yum. The Room, bathroom, towels and sheets were always clean. Special thanks to the lady that prepared and served the breakfast everyday (I don't recall her name at this moment). She was very kind and always smiling. We stayed 7 days and there is Security Guard outside the hotel 24/7. The hotel neighborhood was quite and safe.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank cubangirl03

Good to enjoy your stay with us, the marketing team will tell Irma and Paty (the kitchen) of your greetings. Thanks for comment. It's a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

My apartment was located just past reception, on the ground floor. The small living room featured a comfy sofa, a desk and a mid-sized fridge. Both the bedroom and bathroom were tiny, but functional. I also had a tiny balcony.

The hotel entrance is always locked, and having to ring the bell every time seems a nuisance. Then again, I understand they need to be security conscious in this dangerous city.

Overall, this small hotel offers great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo

Yes, for the safety of our guests and visitors we keep the main entrance closed, although the area where we are located is very safe and no incident of insecurity has occurred for now. Thank you for commenting your experience, it has been a pleasure to assist you

Reviewed July 12, 2017

I spent a few nights at the Armonia in late June, 2017 and was very satisfied and would recommend this place. We all know San Salvador is not one of the safest cities but I walked at night several blocks to an intersection where there were three restaurants and bars - had a fine dinner in a Mexican restaurant - felt safe and no problems! I was traveling without a computer and asked the staff about a nearby Cyber cafe ... instead they insisted I use a computer in the hotel at no charge! What a great place!

Room Tip: Italian restaurant next door is simple but cheap and good food!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience, yes, in fact we have a computer available 24 hours for our guests for free, and the area where we are located is very safe and passable (even at night).

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 7 days. The attention was great! When I got into my room there was a patio door that didn't have a curtain, while it was still private I didn't want to wake up to the bright sun. I asked for something to be placed over it and it was taken care of immediately. They were so pleasant! My room was super clean, the towels and sheets were changed every day. There was a mini fridge, sitting area, desk and chair and remote control cooling air. The TV could be updated but it worked just fine and there were cable channels. The shower had warm water. They don't provide bottled water but there was a water dispenser right outside my door! I have stayed in many hotels but this one felt very comfortable and secure. Not a single item went missing even without having a safe box. I could tell they made it a point to leave all my personal stuff exactly where I left it and only clean up the room. The wifi worked great! I would feel a little bad coming in late because I would have to wake them up so they could open the front door and let me in. They were just as pleasant regardless of the hour but I couldn't help but feel bad waking them up or having the comfort as most hotels were you don't wake up anyone just to make it to your room. I didn't select the breakfast option but they were willing to make one if I ordered it for any of the days during my stay. There are 3 parking spots in the front and plenty of street side parking. The location felt safer than other areas. Once inside you forgot safety is even an issue. I never had a noise problem from my room. Everyone was respectful at night. Definitely a great place for the price.

Muchas gracias por todas sus atenciones y muy buen servicio!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

We love knowing your experience, let me tell you that we will always be waiting for you with a smile, even at dawn, no matter what time you return, it is your home and our staff is always willing to help you. Thanks for sharing. Greetings from El Salvador.