“Such a friendly hotel”

Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in San Salvador
Herts UK
“Such a friendly hotel”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived late at night to a lovely, warm welcome from Jessica. This friendly and helpful attitude continued with every question or request we had. Daniel and Grace were also very friendly and full of advice. Great ambience and location (just 1 block from large shopping mall, restaurants, great supermarket, in a safe area). The room was beautifully clean and decorated, but not a lot of facilities, eg, no fridge.

Room Tip: We stayed twice, in different rooms, but all rooms are at the back, away from traffic noise, around...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mamas55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Value, comfort, security, cleanliness ... Villa del Angel has it all.

I had a confirmation for months at one of the "chain" hotels, and based solely on TripAdvisor reviews, I changed to Villa del Angel just one week prior to my arrival. Thank you to all previous reviewers for influencing my decision. What a fantastic little hotel. Spotlessly clean, very comfortable, safe & secure, and a delicious breakfast (included).

Special mention and huge thanks to Jessica for arranging my airport pick up, tour with guide & driver, and return to the airport. All were right on time, and the tour was phenomenal (ask them to request Alfredo - a wonderful guide).

If you're travelling to San Salvador, stay at Villa del Angel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank TheEasyGoingGuy
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel is not a large chain hotel and the prices reflect this. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and fairly basic. We felt very safe while we stayed here and we walked to restaurants and to the supermarket about 5 minutes away.
Jessica, Daniel and Grace are wonderful and did so much to make our stay enjoyable. My husband developed a nasty stomach bug while in El Salvador and Grace arranged for electrolytes to be given to him on the day we checked out because we were travelling.
Jessica arranged for us to take a tour to the Flowers Route and we had a great day out.
If you dont like staying in big hotels (and we don't) then this is a great choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Halcyontwo
Seattle
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I can't write enough good things about this place--the location, the staff, the amenities. Daniel, Grace, William, and Jessica and the rest of the staff are extremely attentive to their guests. I've had the pleasure of staying here on two separate trips (October 2012 & January 2013), and I will be staying here each time I return to El Salvador. I would describe the rooms as modern, simple, comfortable, and tasteful. A nice feature is that you can control the temperature of the water in the showers. Many hotels in El Salvador only offer cold or luke-warm water, so if you're traveling from Europe or North America, this small detail will probably matter to you! Breakfast is included in the price of the room. The breakfasts are nicely portioned and a great way to start your day. Another perk of this place is that you can rent a car directly through the owner. This is hugely convenient. I rented a car on both trips and I've never had any issues with the rentals. The hotel is located close to Galerias Mall and nearby restaurants and other shops. They will also provide you transportation to and from the airport if you let them know in advance that you need it. My thanks to Daniel & Grace and the entire staff for truly making me feel special and important each time I stay. See you in April! Sincerely, Chrade Y.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chradey
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after arriving in San Salvador. The location was great for getting our bearings and feeling safe. The hotel has a nice vibe and friendly staff, some of which speak English. I would say the rooms are fairly priced- but you get what you pay for..the rooms are quite basic and the bathroom a bit on the small side, but I knew I wasn't staying at the Four Seasons (or paying that room rate). We really enjoyed the beakfast. A good choice of Western or El Salvadorian food.
As an added bonus, we were able to rent a car directly from the hotel owner, avoiding what I've heard can be a lengthy and sometimes dissapointing experience at one of the big rental companies. This worked out really well for us and probably made our trip to El Salvador! (Thanks Daniel).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MountainBride129
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Having read the reviews on trip advisor I expected this hotel to be really good. I was disappointed. The room is very small and the bathroom extremely small. The shower is electric and has low pressure and the thermostat fluctuates meaning you get extremely hot water sometimes. The soap dish was broken when we arrived and fixed on our last night (we stayed 3 nights). The receptionist (who I later found out was a very recent employee) was not very helpful when I had a complaint about a tour I had organised with the hotel. It was only when I got assertive with her that she agreed to phone the tour operator to try and sort my problem out.

The breakfast is adequate - the location extremely safe next to a big shopping mall .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Londongirl132
San Diego
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I loved my stay at this hotel. Everything about the hotel was good. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was good including the service. The hotel is near a mall that includes many fine stores and a Starbucks. Daniel and Grace will help you with your travel and where you want to go. You will be safe in this area. Go and enjoy yourself for work or business. I was there solo.

Room Tip: Used American dollars.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo