“When you stay here....you're family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Angel Hotel

Villa del Angel Hotel
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in San Salvador
Seattle
“When you stay here....you're family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I can't write enough good things about this place--the location, the staff, the amenities. Daniel, Grace, William, and Jessica and the rest of the staff are extremely attentive to their guests. I've had the pleasure of staying here on two separate trips (October 2012 & January 2013), and I will be staying here each time I return to El Salvador. I would describe the rooms as modern, simple, comfortable, and tasteful. A nice feature is that you can control the temperature of the water in the showers. Many hotels in El Salvador only offer cold or luke-warm water, so if you're traveling from Europe or North America, this small detail will probably matter to you! Breakfast is included in the price of the room. The breakfasts are nicely portioned and a great way to start your day. Another perk of this place is that you can rent a car directly through the owner. This is hugely convenient. I rented a car on both trips and I've never had any issues with the rentals. The hotel is located close to Galerias Mall and nearby restaurants and other shops. They will also provide you transportation to and from the airport if you let them know in advance that you need it. My thanks to Daniel & Grace and the entire staff for truly making me feel special and important each time I stay. See you in April! Sincerely, Chrade Y.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chradey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after arriving in San Salvador. The location was great for getting our bearings and feeling safe. The hotel has a nice vibe and friendly staff, some of which speak English. I would say the rooms are fairly priced- but you get what you pay for..the rooms are quite basic and the bathroom a bit on the small side, but I knew I wasn't staying at the Four Seasons (or paying that room rate). We really enjoyed the beakfast. A good choice of Western or El Salvadorian food.
As an added bonus, we were able to rent a car directly from the hotel owner, avoiding what I've heard can be a lengthy and sometimes dissapointing experience at one of the big rental companies. This worked out really well for us and probably made our trip to El Salvador! (Thanks Daniel).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MountainBride129
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Having read the reviews on trip advisor I expected this hotel to be really good. I was disappointed. The room is very small and the bathroom extremely small. The shower is electric and has low pressure and the thermostat fluctuates meaning you get extremely hot water sometimes. The soap dish was broken when we arrived and fixed on our last night (we stayed 3 nights). The receptionist (who I later found out was a very recent employee) was not very helpful when I had a complaint about a tour I had organised with the hotel. It was only when I got assertive with her that she agreed to phone the tour operator to try and sort my problem out.

The breakfast is adequate - the location extremely safe next to a big shopping mall .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Londongirl132
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I loved my stay at this hotel. Everything about the hotel was good. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was good including the service. The hotel is near a mall that includes many fine stores and a Starbucks. Daniel and Grace will help you with your travel and where you want to go. You will be safe in this area. Go and enjoy yourself for work or business. I was there solo.

Room Tip: Used American dollars.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank USPTA
Preverenges
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Staff was very nice and helpful, good deal and good location, I can recommend you to stay there. The place is also very cosy and it changes from big hotels, at Villa del Angel you will be a guest as if you were a close friend. I liked it a lot.

Room Tip: All rooms are good I guess, not very big but good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mathieu L
Managua, Managua, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

It was a perfect choice for us. We loved our stay and if we return to El Salvador, we are definitive going to stay here. It is not a big hotel but the atmosphere is wonderful. The owners are extremy nice and helpful like the rest of the staff. The rooms are not big but worked perfect for us. The rooms are in a perfect sieze with air con and they are very clean. The breakfast is also very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kenny B
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at Villa del Angel hotel in June. It was good location in a safe neighbourhood. The room was sizable with air conditioning and was very clean. Service was outstanding from the minute we arrived! We wanted to get football tickets and the owner, Daniel drove us and assisted in negotiations with the scalpers. Nothing was too much and Daniel and Grace went over and above with their hospitality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple