“Choose this hotel without thinking.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morrison Hotel de la Escalon

Morrison Hotel de la Escalon
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in San Salvador
İzmir, Türkiye
“Choose this hotel without thinking.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

When we arrived to San Salvador we were a bit worried as nobody was speaking English (and we can't speak Spanish). However, when we checked in this hotel, we met Gretchen and all our concerns are gone. Hotel is nice, location and breakfast is good but it is really all about Gretchen. She arranged our bus tickets, helped us on bank, showed all the places to visit. She and her husband are like friends. Try this hotel and reward this attitude. You won't be disappointed, promise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Murat S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My mother and I were visiting relatives in ES and needed quick lodgings for a week. We were very lucky to remember the recommendation of our bank manager for the Morrison.

I have never before been welcomed and greeted so warmly by hotel staff. The double room was a bit dark, but clean, comfortable, cozy and quiet. The beds were large and comfortable, so we slept soundly each night. The free WiFi signal was strong once I located the power outlets. The TV in our room was a bit old and the volume had be turned up to compete with the A/C, so we read books instead. Shower water pressure was good and the water was hot. My mom particularly liked the provided coconut soap and mango shampoo and when she mentioned it to the staff, they gave her a bunch of it to take home with her. Definitely a nice and appreciated touch.

The complimentary breakfast was authentic and delicious and served by friendly staff. They were patient and helpful with my halting Spanish.

After a day, I was walking the neighborhood and visiting local stores. I was disappointed by a few things (size of the pool/lack of a bar) but the warmth of the people here outweigh those concerns. Just as we were truly settled, it was time to leave. I would have loved to stay longer. Dora at the front desk told my mom that even though she had only been there a short time, she had grown quite fond of her. It was a very enjoyable stay and we would stay here again in a heartbeat. Highly recommended and a great value!

Room Tip: We received a room on the first floor to cut down on the number of stairs for my elderly mom. Remem...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kjeld H
MorrisonHotel D, Owner at Morrison Hotel de la Escalon, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank goodness for customers like these !!! It remains a pleasure to serve as an embassador here in San Salvador. My staff has been empowerd to use all the tools available to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. Thank you for all your comments, we make use of them any time we ask ourselves "how can we impove?" for example the TVs I´m saving up now! :) Cant wait to have you here again. Thank you!!
Arlington Heights
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We loved the Morrison Hotel de La Escalon for it's value and charm. The choices for breakfast were very good and included in the price. Family owned with very good service and cleanliness.
Gretchen helped us with sightseeing and recommended restaurants. Free computer for usage in the lobby. Very relaxing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is humble but nice.

Pros:
-Breakfast: delicious & authentic, also FREE (included)
-Location: close to a lot of attractions and restaurants
-Friendliness of the staff, especially the security guards - they do everything
-Clean
-They secure your car and help you with places to park
- Making local calls was no problem
- Free wifi with 3 connection options, loved that!

Cons:
-No hairdryer
-Keys were bulky
-No shelves in the shower
-No in-room safe with a lock

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor. There seems to be no elevators but that wasn't a problem for us.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CarolinaOtter
MorrisonHotel D, Manager at Morrison Hotel de la Escalon, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. The pros and cons are very helpful for potential customers and for us as well, to make improvements. We appreciate your review and that you chose to stay with us. Hope to see you back again in the future.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This place was great and from the beggining, I felt right at home. The staff were friendly, funny, and humble. The breakfast in the morning is amazing. Twice I had my clothes washed and they would fold everything nicely and have it ready for me in no time. The security guard was great and was always looking to help and answer any questions. When I come back to El Salvador, this is where I will stay!- Eli Flores

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lead E
Home away from home..that's the name of our game. Thank you so much for your review. We enjoy making our customers happy. Hope to see you back again!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I am totally satisfied with this hotel, De la Escalon. What stuck out the most was definitely the service. The employees were very friendly and accommodating. My hotel room was very clean and well-arranged. The hotel is in a perfect setting and within walking distance of a lot of sites in San Salvador, so I could easily access to like everywhere such as restaurants, shopping centers, and so. I wish to go this hotel again and again. Thanks for providing me the great service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Pelican0704
Thank you for the very nice review. We take pride in our hotel, especially service and cleanliness. Hope to see you back in the future!
Reseda, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Thanks to Gretchen, Dora, and all other staff members, my stay at the Morrison Hotel felt like I never left home. I was impressed by the friendliness and excellent custormer service. The staff was helpful in hiring a driver and making recommendations to make my trip a huge success. I plan on staying there every time I go back there. It is located in a great neighborhood close to restaurants, shopping centers, and othr places of interest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rosa Sabina M
Your sweetness was appreciated throughout our hotel. We enjoyed serving you and look forward to your return visit! Thank you very much for the great review!