“Loved my Stay!”

Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in San Salvador
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Loved my Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Everything about this hotel was exceptional! From the moment I arrived, the staff (Isabella), was extremely welcoming. Isabella took great care of me and made me breakfast each morning. The rooms were clean and the area seemed very safe. I loved my stay in El Salvador and I hope to be back someday

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PeterPaik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Great stay for the month of February! Raquel was very accommodating of my needs to work as well as experience El Salvador. Isabella took wonderful care of me during my time at the hotel and was never intrusive but very thoughtful about a travelers needs. The hotel was quiet and very clean with a variety of room types. Meals were always well prepared and the creation of a home setting in the common areas was greatly appreciated. I felt very safe to explore the neighborhood and felt the surrounding neighbors also had an eye out for me when i would walk. Although i missed my family, I was surrounded by gentle caring and enjoyable people throughout my stay! Will most definitely base with the angels next year when i return!

Room Tip: upstairs might be more quiet--i slept like a log up there!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Carrot50
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were on a school trip traveling to Zacatecoluca, but we had to stay the night in San Salvador first. We didn't know where we were staying, as another group had decided where we would stay. We got to the hotel, and we were greeted nicely and calmly but a mother-daughter team, who showed us to our rooms and invited us to dinner! Even though we got there at 930 at night, they knew when we would arrive, and had a full dinner prepared for us in advance! The rooms were beautiful and extremely well kept, and everything was in perfectly working order! Breakfast was amazing and there were a lot of options, from freshly squeezed orange juice to beans to freshly prepared eggs cooked the style you prefered. Breakfast and dinner were served in a courtyard, surrounded by native El Salvadoran plants and there were flowers surrounding the garden and lining all of the windows that smelt delicious! When we make our way back to El Salvador, we will make a strong effort to stay at the Hotel La Posada del Angel. They greeted us with open arms and saw us off warmly. We loved our stay and advise it greatly!

Room Tip: Room number 4 or the room that is past the garden are both lovely, and overlooking the garden. You c...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katie M
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

La Posada del Angel is a delightful small hotel located on a quiet street in Central San Salvador. The service is very friendly and made me feel at home. Due to meeting cancellations i spent most of my first day at the hotel and the wonderful staff kept me supplied with coffee and cookies all day. The food is homestyle and delicious so i really have to give this hotel my highest rating (*****) in all areas it is for sure a 5 star experience at 2 star prices!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank altongenth
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Very safe neighborhood, clean rooms, cute hotel, friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was a great stay for me.

The price was reasonable. The breakfast (included) was tasty and filling (though the regular menu and water bottles provided are overpriced). The TV had cable, but the connection was off and a but fuzzy. My shower clogged, but that may have been the only real complaint here.

It is easily connected to downtown, Puertobus terminal and the Metro malls by bus #52.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Felisuke
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

I was staying here on my to San Miguel with a group of 15 women on a habitat trip. We only stayed here for one night but it was a fabulous night. It was very comfortable and the owners traeted us like we were part of the family. They made us an authentic El Salvadorian meal which wasn't to my taste, but that's just me the others loved it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank NicoleM4
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

This is a nice, clean but not upscale hotel. The owners are gracious and responsive. The beds and facilities functional. The food was good. The garden is a nice place to relax. It is what it appears to be.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends