Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
great tour

I joined free walking tour and Meżyhiria tour - both guided by Vlad, both very interestng and both... read more

Reviewed yesterday
rousisi
Interesting and very professional

Although it was a freezings January day, the tour was fascinating and gave us a very good insight... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
421ruthd
Tel Aviv, Israel

Recommended experiences in and around Kiev
from $17.25
from $34.50
from $40.25
from $111.00
More Info
All reviews free walking morning tour great tour beautiful city fun facts free tour great stories professional tour guide perfect english lavra monastery his knowledge highly recommend this company excellent guide private tour ukrainian history two hours meeting point
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

I joined Lyuda for Historic tour on my first day of visit, and Communist era tour with Hannah (a British graduate!) next day. Tours lasted about 2h each packed with touristic sights, notable events and charm of Modern and Old Kyiv.
Lyuda has a lot of stories and jokes to tell, she is very knowledgable experienced guide volunteering her time for Ukrainian culture explorers! Hannah is on her gap year dedicated to learning European dictatorship roots and impact on societies in this region. I really enjoyed my time on tours and had fun time discovering Andreevsky Spusk, Square of Maydan and Hreschatik.
Despite the conflict in the East of the country Kyiv appears calm and safe welcoming tourists to see its beauty and taste the best meals ever cooked! Kyiv is due to host Eurovision next year so I would recommend a short break visit for festival or shopping.. or both!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Ilona N
Reviewed September 7, 2016

I did the full day walking tour with Liuda and it was well worth it. She is patient, prompt, professional, has a great personality and informative. She never gave you the impression that she was bored or that she just wanted to rush you through the sites. She is excellent at what she does. I highly recommend her.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Managed to take part in both the 11am and 3pm tours during a trip to Kiev over the summer. I was slightly unsure about where to meet exactly, but found the green umbrella straight away! The 11am tour was very informative in the old town and the more historical sites and the 3pm tour focused on all the Soviet highlights which was a great variety. Generally I enjoyed both tours in order to see the highlights of the whole city - and the views/ photo opportunities were a bonus too!

I was also the only tourist on the tours, which meant I could ask lots of questions and get to know the tour guide (!). I just hope there are more tourists visiting Kiev in the near future who can enjoy the city for themselves :)

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed September 3, 2016

i got an email showing a picture of this big garden clock
so i assumed its the meeting place
emailed saying in front of the monument of the founder of kiev
but as you open their email right away showing the pic of the garden clock

so august 29 Monday since my room at ukraine hotel is only available after 2 pm
i was in front of this big garden clock from 10:50 am to 1 pm.
i did not even bother to go down a bit more and check that monument only to learned the next day that i should be there to meet the guide holding a GREEN UMBRELLA.

so after missing 11 am and 3 pm because i was across the big garden clock and not down bellow the hill on the left side you must mee the guide in front of the 3 big brothers with a fountain and behind them is their sister.

so i walk past the right of the main street after 1 pm and saw red bus kiev sightseeing tour paid 250 grhnta or $10 bucks and finished 1.5 hour tour in english then head to ukraine hotel to get my room and emailed vlad complaining i was there from 10:50mam to 3 pm and did not see any guide ::)

vlad of kiev walkingt our was so nice emailed me right away that a lady guide will pick me up tuesday in my hotel at 11 am
again 11:09 no body in the lobby i run to the garden clock no one was there in green umbrella run to ukraine hotel again since they have wifi to email vlad who said the lady guide was in traffic and will meet me at the 3 brothers monument.

so i run again stood across the garden clock and glad LUDA in green umbrella decided to walk up a bit and found me ::)
only then she explained to me that i was waiting at the wrong spot.

so please VLAD next time dont include the pic of the garden clock and just post the pic of the 3 brothers monument to avoid this please!

LUDA was fluent in english took me 11 to 1 pm free wlaking tour of Kiev.
it was hot hello so bring your had still got a bit of sunburned and sweating.
so much more if you visit KIEV from JUNE TO AUGUST.
i guess Sept to October will be good but i left Sept. 2 and sept. 1 and 2 nights were getting a bit cold if your only wearing a T- SHIRT.

THIS IS NOT HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE TOUR
be ready to walk 3 hours

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 9, 2016

This review is for the company kievwalkingtours.com.ua that offer, apart from other things, free walking tours. They are not the only company that does so, but we chose one of theirs because the time (3 p.m.) was convenient.
We were surprised to find that we were the only two people who showed up (apparently this is not that unusual). Therefore we could choose our tour - the old section, or the Soviet era tour. We wanted the latter because we had seen the old town already. Our personable guide told us that the Soviet tour was "more walk, less talk" and she was right - we got quite a workout. I think she did a fine job, and I can recommend it - I do hope they get more people or clearly they cannot afford to do this (they already work on a tips only basis). I do appreciate the fact that she gave us the tour all by ourselves.

Date of experience: July 2016