“One of the best in Kiev ”
Review of Dog Ate Dove

Dog Ate Dove
Ranked #300 of 2,598 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: International
Reviewed October 6, 2016 via mobile

Surprised to see some negative reviews as I have eaten there 20+ times over last year and every visit was good. The staff do recommend dishes and take a strong interest in feedback.

The menu changes regularly enough to keep it interesting while the prices are very reasonable.

Some quality dishes I loved are:-

Asparagus in a cream sauce
Pate profiteroles
Peppers filled with cheese
Chicken pie - yes! Was excellent

2  Thank Irishlad101Kiev

Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

The food is not good, tasteless, though presented in a fancy way. They don't have a wine card and if you ask they say that it is changing but be sure to ask for the price if you order wine. They offered us regular house white wine which was not served cold and did not taste good at all. In the end they charged 100 bucks for the bottle and the name on the receipt did not match the name of the bottle so we asked and the staff referred to a sticker in Ukrainian that was put on the bottle. The admin person was nice but could not change and do much, so we paid in the end but did not enjoy. Can't recommend the place

Reviewed October 1, 2016

I have lived in Kyiv for 3 years and this is perhaps the worst place I ever ate at. The staff tried hard, but the food is just not very good! They make it look fancy but it is just bland. Also we were drinking the house white wine which was pretty cheap but friends joined us - so we ordered a bottle. Well - the waiter - without asking us - brought us a different wine - which was not cold and we had to ask for ice! When we got the bill - the wine they gave us was 100$!!!!! The name on the check did not match the name on the bottle so we just thought they made an innocent mistake - BUT NO - that crappy warm wine was 100 bucks. If you live in Kyiv you know how crazy that is. We tried to explain to the manager - and she was sort of a soviet throw back with her practiced responses - which was basically - you drank it - you pay for it! Which we did..... Anyway - if you are a foreigner especially - take my advice and give this place a pass. Total rip off......

Reviewed August 18, 2016

I found the restaurant accidentally. Next to Besarabsky market at the end of the boulevard with name Khreshchatyk. Small restaurant with excellent food and very friendly service. I can recommend the filet Mignon or duck leg - both sous vide. A little higher price but the price / quality ratio is excellent. Nice environment.

And crazy name :-) Dog ate Dove

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 6, 2016

This is a nice trendy "new style" place in the heart of Kiev.

The menu is small, definitely aimed at the higher end of the market.
The ambience is nice, everything inside is made of high-quality materials with a tough of elegance.

I have been 3 times. Overall, it is well worth going here. Once the service was really not very good. Sadly, you do get used to this when you are in eastern Europe, but I feel for the prices in this restaurant, I will not let that slide. Poor service is not acceptable for such a place. I hope they replaced the server.

Date of visit: June 2016