“Temporarily closed”

Kyiv
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,039 helpful votes
“Temporarily closed”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This used to be one of my favourite places in Kyiv. Ambience of their piano bar was inimitable and perfect for romantic or relaxing evening.

But when I tried to book them recently, I was told they are temporarily closed for reconstruction.

We'll see what they come up with.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank Cora_v

Chicago
“A great dining experience”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We went to dinner at Le Grand Cafe to celebrate our recent engagement... We wanted to find a nice fine dining experience in Kiev. This place is really beautiful and elegent. The quality of their food is also top-notch. I had the veal medallions and my fiance had the lamb chops - both were great. The service was also what you expect from a top-tier restaurant.

Yes, it is pricey relative to other restaurants in Kiev .. but not that bad if you live in a big city with nice restaurants. We're from Chicago - and I've had much pricier meals there.

The only bizarre thing was that we were there on a Friday night - at 8pm - and the place was empty. There was one other table eating when we arrived, and no other parties came in. The place was a ghost-town when we left. Just sort of strange, I hope that their business is going ok!

3 Thank Jebber45
los angeles
“Decent”
Reviewed October 14, 2008

After all the wonderful reviews I was hoping for a little more. the best thing that i had that night was the borscht. salmon was okay and the amuse bouche was disappointing.

1 Thank nicatrip
Odessa, Ukraine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,537 helpful votes
“Top 10”
Reviewed June 22, 2008

"Le Grand Cafe" is one of the best places if you want high quality food in Kiev. Inside the restaurant is split in 2 sections: imperial styledrestaurant and lounge bar (nice to relax and drink cofe). The food is international and of high quality. They offer good fois gras terrine and exceptional veal medallions. Prices are on the higher side. Due to the location you'll see many "deputats" of the parliament.

4 Thank HONkiev