“Nice but old in bad ways”
Review of Opera Hotel

Opera Hotel
Ranked #4 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The exterior and lobby is great, so is the breakfast. But that is pretty much it. The rooms really need a shape up, so does the front desk staff. Old rooms, old feeling, but with absolute no charm. The staff is unfriendly and unwilling to help.

1  Thank Mach1an
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Dear Mach1an,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We regret that you had a negative Experience in our Hotel.
I would appreciate if you could contact me under - DMohren@opera-hotel.com so that I can get more feedback regarding your stay. As a Member of the Leading Hotels of the World, our top priority is to satisfy all our guest and to offer a hassle free Service throughout your stay.
I really hope that you will give us a second chance in the future so that we can show you the real Service of the Opera Hotel.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Return again to my favorite hotel in Kiev.
I have been travelling for many weeks and stayed in many hotels, however its always just so very good to be back here at the Opera Hotel where the welcome starts the minute the car arrives and, the doorman says welcome back Mr. Finn and that carries over with such a genuine Opera Hotel Welcome including the concierge and reception, it really does feel like home from home. This is why this is the best hotel in Kiev in my opinion
At check-in, everything always ready all I have to do is sign my name and I’m on the way to the room the bags have gone already, from arrival to room about 5 minutes.
I was travelling on this occasion with my great friend and fellow traveler Mr. Tom Stuker the most travelled person in the world on United Airlines, he travelled so far with them his frequent flyer card is Titanium and they named a plane after him.
This was Tom’s first trip to Kiev he had decided to follow my advice and stay at the Opera Hotel with me.
Tom wasn’t disappointed he told me his dinner in Teatro was one of the best meals he had ever had. Tom says he will be back.
We had a celebration of my birthday and the super chefs Emmanuel Soares and Eric Testa made this amazing cake, very tasty it was as well thank you so much and, to David Mohren for arranging such a nice surprise for me. It was greatly appreciated, Its what coming back so may times is all about service and friendship.
Dinner in Teatro Restaurant one of the best restaurants in Kiev noted for the accents on its Provence style flavorful menus, with its intimate seating and relaxing ambience is always superb, this occasion proved to be no different. I decided on the Rib Eye Steak as you can see it was simple perfect
Then follow this with the Ice Cream what a taste treat
Too good for words .
The Terrace Restaurant In spring time means terrace dining what a joy.With Colorful, crisp, delicious Feta Salad followed by Yogurt Ice Cream.great for spring and summer dining and people watching. The same full menu of tasty cafe-style fare and drinks that are served in the Bellini Bar and Lobby Lounge are served throughout the day and evening at the Terrace restaurant.
The rooms are elegant in every way, from high ceilings, comfortable lighting, soft natural colors and deep armchairs and settees, all with high speed internet and fully fitted bathrooms with that luxurious under floor heating that is so welcoming . The beds at the Opera Hotel are really, really comfortable, the Pillows are the very best anywhere.
The Opera Hotel still runs a shoe shine service which I find very useful.
I will be back to opera hotel my friends are coming to stay as well.
A brilliant Hotel in a brilliant location, run by a brilliant General Manager Mr. David Mohren well done.

Room Tip: All rooms are good that I have stayed in., I like the ones that look over the street with nice balco...

Dear Mr. Fred Finn,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy that we could fully satisfy you during your stay and looking already forward to welcome you again at the Opera Hotel in Kiev.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

From personal attention to the elegant lobby and the incredibly breakfast, this property is one of the finest in the city. The location is also convenient for tourists or business professionals. Breakfast selections are superb and the breakfast room so beautifully appointed. I highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Kiev!

1  Thank RUSSELLB83
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Russel B,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are really very proud to receive such nice Comments from such an experienced Traveler like you. Your Comments will be for sure an additional Motivation for our staff.

Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we are already looking forward to welcome you back to the Opera Hotel during your next visit to Kiev.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

What a great hotel, and in such a great location. Perfect for business. Within walking distance of Maidan. It is surrounded by some great restaurants. My room was extremely well proportioned and very clean. Wifi worked perfectly, which as a business traveller is extremely important. The staff were extremely friendly and polite, and they all spoke English well, which really helped. My only disappointment with this hotel was the large number of mosquitos - I killed 13 on my first night and 7 the following evening!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Matthew R,

We appreciate your nice Comments about the Service and the Hotel in general,
It shows us that all our efforts are leading to our main goal, which is 100% Guest Satisfaction.
As to the Mosquitos in your Room, I will personally follow up on this issue to make sure that we can prevent this in the future and apologize for this inconvenience.

We are looking very much forward to welcome you back to the Opera Hotel during your next visit to Kiev.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is very comfortable and well managed hotel. The building has a handsome restored facade, but most of the interior seems to be newly built, to a very high standard of design and finish. The decor is relatively conservative (beige tones, brass accents) but the effect is understated and pleasing. The staff in reception and other public areas are efficient and cheerful and all spoke good English. There is a variety of different room and bathroom configurations, but my party found all their rooms well appointed with comfortable beds and well equipped bathrooms. I thought this was a first rate hotel and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank IanWriter

Dear IanWriter,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could completely satisfy you.
Your kind words will be an additional motivation for all out staff members.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back to the Opera Hotel during your next visit to Kiev.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I choose from tripadvisor.co.uk this hotel as it was in the centre of the town, what an excellent choice I made. My 5 days were made so comfortable by all the staff of the hotel from the cleaning staff to the reception and to the restaurant staff in fact all who I came in contact with. There is absolutely no area that I can criticise. I will return

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Peter P,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy that you rated us with the highest marks and that we could completely satisfy you during your stay with us. I will share your positive Comments with my staff and I am sure it will be an additional Motivation for all of them.

We are looking very much forward to welcome you again to the Opera Hotel during your next visit to Kiev.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is third time I stay in this hotel in last few month. First time I've got a smaller double room but nice, clean and very comfortable. After second time you will automatically get an upgrade for free. Very quiet location, nice hotel and fantastic service. Luxury spa you can relax and small fitness but good enough for exercise. But hotel restaurant is fantastic. Service is amazing and I felt like I'm only one guest and all taking care of me - but nice way not bothering me at all, always ready to serve. fantastic. Thank you. It's my pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Karel C,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for the good Comments. We will continue to improve our Services on a constant basis to ensure that especially our regular guests are satisfied with their experience.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you again at the Opera Hotel during your next trip to Kiev.

Best regards,