“Perfect area to explore”
Review of Opera Hotel

Opera Hotel
Ranked #4 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I came here on business for my first sty in Kiev. From what I could tell, it is perfectly positioned for the amenities in the city and the sights. I enjoyed the open veranda to the hotel where you can enjoy food freshly served in front of you. The rooms were spacious and clean. The only issue I had was when I got to the hotel at midday, I had to wait for a number of hours for my room. I did get a nice wake up call with a cuppa which was a nice touch :)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Lofthouses,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and your Feedback will be additional Motivation for our staff. We hope to welcome you again at the Opera Hotel during your next visit in Kiev.

With very best regards.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel whilst sightseeing in Kiev - thought it would be great value for money for a 5 star property & had fairly good reviews. Location-wise it is ok although we are now super-fit after the hike up the hill each day to visit all the key attractions. We dined in the restaurant on our first night (Bellini's Bar as Teatro is closed at the moment) & were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was, if not slightly on the pricey side for what is effectively "bar-food".
However, when it comes to service & room quality, I would say this hotel is a good 4 star hotel at best. Our room (Classic Double) was quite small & was not lavishly decorated or equipped with amenities as you expect from 5 star properties - they are actually quite tired. Whilst the mattresses are rock solid, the soft pillows leave you with a restless nights sleep.
I would suggest staff here need some 5 star service training - for example, concierge failed to let us know they couldn't book a table in a restaurant for us, until we asked for the taxi to take us there! And a few requests for replacement items in the room never actually made it to us even after a few phone calls.
I have travelled extensively worldwide for both business & leisure and recommend this hotel if you are happy with good 4 star products & service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Neclaching,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
I am very sorry to hear that we could not satisfy you completely during your stay with us.
As we take every Feedback very seriously I would appreciate if you get in contact with me via e-mail so that I can contact you personally to discuss your stay. I would like to follow up all issues personally so please contact me via - dmohren@opera-hotel.com.
I can assure you that this is not the usual Standard at the Opera Hotel and I hope that you will give us a second chance to welcome you at the Opera Hotel during your next stay in Kiev.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great location, very good, flexible service, superb staff, easy free WIFI, lovely breakfast, everything you need to function as a stressed business traveller. Highly recommended. Kiev is a beautiful, modern city with wonderful people. Enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear PeckhamV,

firts of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and in Kiev in general.
Your Feedback is additional Motivation for our staff and we would be very happy to welcome you again at the Opera Hotel during your next stay in Kiev.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for two nights in August 2013. I am travelling extensively for business and I can say that the welcome from the receptionist was probably one of the best I have experienced - great job done!. The room was clean, well equipped and bed was comfy. I did not have a view, but I dont think this is something regrettable since the surrounding of the hotel does not offer much views and also because I was working during days. The breakfast was good. And the staff is really very nice in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Barbora U,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy that we could completly satisfy you during your stay with us and your Feedback will be additional Motivation for our staff.
We would be very happy to welcome you again at the Opera Hotel during your next stay in Kiev,

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked this hotel as the reviews were good, but possibly I didn't do enough homework in advance. I had a number of issues. Firstly I asked for a 'room with a view' as I had never been to Kiev before, but I was given a view of a brick wall (I was told I could pay to upgrade - but hotel was definitely not full and they could have given me a nicer room especially as I was a woman travelling alone). Secondly after a couple of days of a lot of walking (hotel is a long walk up and down hills to the Metro), I asked for a room with a bath as well as a shower. I was told it would be 60 Euros extra a night to have a room with a bath! The bed/mattress was not a 5* quality one. Hotel was very clean, mini bar and breakfast usual outrageous prices. Free wi-fi. Air con was nice. Concierge was efficient. Reception staff needed some interpersonal skills training. There were nice touches (a rose in the bathroom). However, overall I was distinctly underwhelmed. This is a great hotel for business people on company credit cards, but not for tourists.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BenRocks
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear BenRocks,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
I am very sorry to hear that we could not fully satisfy you during your stay with us and I can assure you that i will personally follow up the mentioned issues. We still hope that you will give us a second chance and choose the Opera Hotel in Kiev during your next visit to Kiev so that we can show you that we usually take very good care of all our Guest but especially of those who are traveling alone on Leisure. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dmohren@opera-hotel.com before you are planing your next visit in Kiev so that I can personally take care of your Booking as well as making sure that you will enjoy your entire stay with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed there on night beginning of April. We had a nice room, simple and spotless. The hotel itself is really nice, but a little out of the center (and a little nearer from the main station). The service was very good, and the breakfast amazing.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear OneAdvisedTraveller,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy to receive positive Feedback from such a worldwide experienced Traveller.
Your Feedback will for sure be a additional Motivation for our staff and we would be ver happy if we could welcome you again in the Opera Hotel during your next visit to Kiev.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed there 3 nights and 4 days on July 2013. The thing I liked the most was that street facing cafe which reminded me of Paris (where people eat and look at by-passers (ate there all my breakfasts). The bar is very nice as well. Most of the waitresses are so polite and nice. I stayed on 5th floor the view was internal mini yard (not that great), the room itself is very standard (even small), but they have bigger version of it and luxurious class for higher price. Minibar is very good, although I didn't have time to find it up until 2nd night. Lobby is very lustrous and lavish. I liked the fact that they offer executive class Mercedes to drive you around, although it will cost you more than $100 per hour. They offer condoms for a reason (there is this club down the street called Rio (by far the best one I've seen) that offers luxurious takeouts. The stuff is very polite and do not hint at giving them tip (as other places do). Ok, now to negatives. The hotel is overpriced big time, if you want solid dinner via room service it'll cost you at least 50 euros. The worst turn off is ugly apartment building right opposite to the Hotel (kills the view). Overall very good experience, I wish I had time for spa.

Room Tip: if you can afford it get superior rooms (everything same with more space), classic rooms are smaller...