All reviewsnice hotellight sleeperclose to the hotelstayed daystea and coffeemetro stationpay cashbreakfast includedmain attractionswi fihot waterevery morningtop floorgreat place to stayclean roomscentrecity
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

LOCATION
Nice one to stay in old city of Kyiv - Podil. Pretty close to the tube station "Kontraktova Ploscha"

ROOMS
Nice, spacious and clean. With a good bathroom. Don't take economy room if you're afraid of time rooms. It is ok but the smallest in the hotel.

BREAKFAST
Not bad, but to get it from some rooms you have to cross the internal yard, so you have to leave the building and enter restaurant door

STAFF
Friendly and helpful

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2018

The hotel looks nice, the bed is comfy and the service staff is good. However, the hotel is priced like an excellent 4+* hotel, and the service is not bad, it provides a 3* level facilities.
Noise isolation is surprisingly good, even though our room overlooked the tram, which is very loud. The shades are nice, but light isolation is not 100%.
The big no - Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi does not work. Also, the cleaning staff forgot to restock more than once the shower gel and toilet paper. The hotel halls are beautiful, yet poorly designed. Getting from the front door to your room on the 4th floor out of 5, will take as much as 4-5 minutes.
The location is very good.
One positive point - the responsiveness of the staff was both fast and pleasant.
The hotel as well as the breakfast is extremely overpriced.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Bad WiFi
For business unusable, slow and often breaking.

Noisy Rooms
Thin walls, I could not only hear that my neighbour was talking, but understood what he was saying. When he had 2 prostitutes in a row, that was especially funny, as if they were in my room). If your room leads to the road with the tramway, you will not sleep anymore from 5.30 in the morning, because the tramways make a noise like a low flying aircraft.

Inattentive Personnel
They forgot to turn on the heating and I got a high temperature and a very strong cough therefore on an important business trip.

Broken Appliances and Insufficient Equipment
Taps in the bathroom and toilet flushing broken, curtains not closing from light, no hard pillows. The air conditioning is not working.

Poor breakfast buffet in comparison to international chains.

Bad Service
When I was sick with 39.5 they refused to bring me breakfast to the room because I asked at 11:10, which they said is too late. This morning they bothered me with 1000 calls to know if I’m staying or leaving, though they knew that I'm seriously sick and need to sleep, I had to disconnect the phone. In the end, they sent 2 security guys, knocking my door. As a consequence, I’m leaving today for the Radisson ParkIn, where I can be sure about what I get for my money.

Things Disappear
When I left the hotel after 3 days (I had to make a minimum prepayment for 3 days), I forgot one shirt in the cupboard. When I called the hotel, they claimed that they never saw any shirt left in my room. I know for sure though, that I forgot that shirt in this room (where else?).

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018

I had a very nice suite on the top floor and the room was first class. Breakfast was also good. The reason I've only given it an average review is because of the quality of their internet connection which was basically unusable which in a hotel for business travellers is unacceptable. If they address their internet problems it could be a very good hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Stevejm321
Reviewed January 16, 2018

only spent one night here, and then moved to the hotel rus to join a tour to Chernobyl, and boy did I miss the bed I slept in here. it was huge, and I woke up lying horizontally, but my feet still didn't reach anywhere near the edge. the room was also very spacious, really nice toilet, and very very quiet. the hotel is also in a really great area, and many churches, museums and bulgakov's house are all easy walking distance. very pleasant stay, the room was tropically toasty, and the bed was just so, so comfy that I didn't get out of it till 11am! its also cheap as chips!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo