All reviews great location independence square michaels suite wifi centre english city
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here 4 years ago and I loved it. But I just returned and it will be my last time. The price is pretty decent. The WiFi is super fast. That's the biggest plus traveling for business as you often have to depend on good WiFi. But I got a terrible sleep. The mattress was broken and the springs were crunchy. It was the dealbreaker because what's a hotel for? This being my 4th visit to Kiev my opinion is that the location of this hotel is pretty good but not GREAT, there are better (but possible more $) spots. If you want to come to Kiev and feel like you're in the heart of the action in a lively hotel, do not stay here. If you like feeling slightly secluded and don't mind a brief walk to the action, consider it. The hotel is tucked away nearly in the basement of an apartment building and is hard to find at first. Maybe a pro to some.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank k86j84
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed Friday - Sunday with friends. We had two rooms and both was really nice and clean. First we thought we were in the middle of nowhere but the location was amazing! Easy to walk down to centrum, took 3 minuets down and 6 minuets back home... really hilly in Kiev! There was a hop on hop off buss just a couple of minutes walk from the hotel. We had breakfast included and it contained the most important things. The coffee was amazing! Friendly staff that helped us in every way. Good pricing - can really recommend to stay here!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank christinao90
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. The location is just perfect. Independence square is a short 10 min walk away, the square is surrounded by shops and restaurants. If you head in the other direction from the hotel (up the hill) you will reach St. Michaels in a matter of minutes. The cathedral is simply stunning. If you walk a little further, you reach st Sophia’s and the Golden Gate Bridge a little further still. There are some delicious bars and restaurants in this area, we much preferred it to independence square area. I’d recommend walking down St. Andrews decent as there are some lovey little market stalls, and the port at the bottom with breathtaking views of the river. This is all walking distance from the hotel.
Our room was fairly small, as was the bathroom, but it was impeccably clean. The cleaner came each day as we headed out to replace towels etc.
The staff speak good English and are very helpful in terms of booking taxis, providing complimentary maps etc. I would recommend booking taxis wherever possible, as taxis on the street triple the price as soon as they learn you are English.
Breakfast wasn’t the best (toast, omelet and eggs which didn’t look particularly fresh, hotdogs, ham, cheese) but the coffee was lovely.
A very reasonable price in all, and the location just made it perfect for us. Thank you for a lovely stay!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel with very nice and friendly staff. The breakfast however is not very good but it serves essentials like egg or omelette. The Hotel has a swimmingpool and a small combined restaurant and bar where I dined the evening of arriaval.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

From this hotel you can get anywhere, it's located in The centre. The staff was extremely friendly, though I find it disturbing that receptionists work 24 hours straight. Not so cool for the workers..

Date of stay: November 2017