“Business trip; very good experience.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv
Ranked #8 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was there for work and I had a lovely relaxing work trip due to the helpful staff. The bar service is very efficient and there was a good location to catch up too. In fact the only down side of this place is that there is no desire to step out in the cold.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharmeen K
GMRadissonKiev, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2014

Dear Sharmeen,

Thank you for appreciating the pleasant and peaceful atmosphere that our staff created with their Ues I Can Spirit. I hope you can schedule a next visit in summer with more pleasant tempuratures of 25-30 C and a nice breeze.

With kind regards,

Claude Bulté

Reviewed August 7, 2014

pros- decent location (not really within walking distance of typical sites. friendly staff. clean.

cons- VERY overpriced breakfast for quality/location. very weak internet.

twas almost empty due to political unrest.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Purcitron,

Thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated.

Referring to your comments on the walking distance, I would like to understand which typical sites you mean, as we are 5 minutes from the most famous squares, shopping area and restaurant area in Kyiv?

I would appreciate your further comments.

with kind regards,

Claude Bulte

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Kyiv, on Yaroslaviv Val street, in July 2014. I had planned a trip since last year, and booked it approximately a month before I arrived there. It seemed like the best choice, and I am even positively impressed. I think the advertising on the radisson website is correct, and the room and bathroom was sparkling clean, so I will just write some other personal impressions here: While the property is in excellent condition, the most important thing was that all employees whom I encountered, were really professional AND friendly. These could have been employees at any great hotel I have experienced, proving that hospitality and care are not in short supply in Ukraine. While I would like to mention many names, I choose to say: Ivan, at the front desk, who also arranged spectacular Opera tickets, also has many great colleagues. He, front desk staff, housekeeping (I met several houseeping members), Lounge bar staff and security staff all did great jobs. It seems clear that they take pride in making this a quality hotel. And finally, security at the hotel was reassuring, present and discreet. I have stayed at hotels from different brands and know that while brand values can often be seen throughout the chains, still, individual hotels can give slightly different impressions about how the employees do the actual work. As of today, I can honestly say, this hotel has many outstanding employees, and I met nobody who was remotely bad. I hope the hotel property and staff will keep this up. I will be back. And I don't generally write fluffy reviews and praise, so I'm now really impressed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Markus!

Wow, thank you for such a detailled feedback! I will forward you comments to our team which I am sure will be happy to hear you had a great stay with us because of them.

Yours truly,

Claude Bulte

Reviewed July 29, 2014

1. Was first upgraded to a business class room. When staff realized I needed twin beds I got downgraded. 2. Not recognized as a club carlsson member with status. 3. No smiles, no friendlyness at the reception. 4. Did not take my Diners Club card which I booked online with. 5. Tried to push an expensive breakfast when checking in.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Thomas!
Thank you for taking the time to write your comment.

We are really sorry for dissatisfactory experience you’ve got at our hotel. Thank you for bringing these issues of your concerns to our attention, so we can improve our services.

We are looking forward to the next opportunity to fulfil your expectations.

With kind regards,

Claude Bulté

Reviewed July 11, 2014

You get what you see with Radisson Blu. The only thing that can change your experience is the quality of the customer service and general cleanliness. This hotel matched my expectations. The staff are very friendly and happy to help. The rooms are clean and well serviced.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
GMRadissonKiev, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Kim S
thank you very much for taking your time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor. And thank you for the overall positive comments - it is much appreciated!
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,
Kind regards, andreas

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I remember staying at the Radisson Blu around a decade ago, just after it opened. Finally, a good hotel in Kyiv, a town that up to then forced you to choose between surly Soviet, outrageous oligarch and just plain awful. The Radisson seemed grand!

So I was surprised to have a much different impression this year. The service was still pleasant and the overall operation quite efficient. it's a fine hotel still. But the environment overall feels prematurely worn out after only ten years, faded carpets, dim hallways, tired, rather than vibrant. The breakfast buffet, for which they charge handsomely, was a particular low-point. Overcooked eggs and the same exact, modest selection every day.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kippendavie
thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. In deed the hotel is 9 years old and has not been renovated but over the years well maintained and kept very clean. We actually are looking at improving details such as corridors, etc. in order to give it a fresher look.
As to your comment on breakfast - it has been shared with the chef in order to investigate and act. Looking forward to having you back anytime soon,
kind regards, andreas

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I spent a couple of nights, bot in January and July 2014; staff very nice, extremely good breakfast but also extremely priced (Paul is next door if you do not want spend too much). Nice restaurant just opposite the main door...
Rooms are standard but comfortable. Unfortunately last time I went, I felt someone before me did not respect the smoke ban in the hotel rooms...Free wifi
Hotel is 10 minutes from Maidan, Opera house and monumental church.

Room Tip: ask top floor, street side