All reviewsimpressa hotelgreat locationsmall boutique hotelmetro stationno liftst andrewsminutes walk awaywonderful hoteltwin roomtop floormini barrooms are cleanpodolreceptionairportcitycentre
Reviewed March 7, 2018

We were due to travel here in May, but the hotel cancelled our reservation saying they could not pre-authorise my credit card (it seems this may be completely false). I had booked through booking.com, and received an email to say there was a problem and to change my credit card, which I did. The next morning I received another email from the hotel saying they had cancelled the rooms. I spoke to both credit card companies & both are putting in writing that this hotel made no attempt to take any money. I just tried to book on a popular weekend & I believe they have sold the rooms to someone else for more money, it seems this may be a frequent business practice in the Ukraine

Room Tip: Coose a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
3  Thank intelligentgirls
Reviewed January 20, 2018

Due to a 2 weeks language course I was living in this hotel for 2 weeks. My room, the Cathedral Suite, #101 was a light and proper suite, separate living, bedroom and bathroom, equipped with all one needs. Every day clean again as it should be, and well sorted minibar. The most pleasant staff I met in long time, while I do travel a lot.
Every morning fresh and honest friendly people, who tried to make my stay as comfortable as possible, no demand was not fullfilled, and always with the best intentions. Same for the next door restaurant, called Kitchen 21. Very nice staff and real fresh, high quality food. This hotel and restaurant where a real positive surprise to me.

Room Tip: When snow, take a room on a higher level, they use to clean the pavement in the night.
Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2018

When we booked our rooms in june 2017 the hotel was known as Impressa Hotel. When we actually got there in september the name of the hotel was Number 21. Apparently the name change was very recent. When we arrived they thought we had booked a double room, while in fact we had booked a twin room. They apologized and asked us to have a drink in their brand new restaurant which hadn't really opened yet while they fixed us a twin room.
This went down smoothly and we soon could enter room 208. The Podil area in which the hotel is situated don't allow buildings higher than two floors, so the second floor was in fact the top floor. The room was very spacious under the ceiling and there was pretty of space otherwise as well. Bathroom and beds were flawless.
The street outside has several clubs and restaurants, so it's not really quiet, but it wasn't "night club noisy" either, so to speak. Our breakfast was ok, even though the plate lacked a few elements like bread. A couple of sausages, an omelet, some mushrooms and a tomato was all that was on the plate.
What i really liked about number 21 was the friendlyness of the staff. Always cheerful, always with a smile, checking that everything was ok. You almost get that old fashioned hotel feeling that you only see in movies nowadays, with most receptionists being way too busy to bother to say hello to their guests. Those little details mean something in my book. It must be added that we came at a relatively quiet time of the year, while the concept was probably still in the launch face, but I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Was planning to stay this may but they let us down. Cancelled our rooms. Rediculous service with no alternative offered. Worst hotel service you could ask for. Don't waste your money on a hotel that are happy to do this

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
4  Thank Jenro13
Reviewed November 22, 2017

Big changes since I stayed in this Hotel, more than 1 Year Ago.
Not only did they change the name of the Hotel & the management Team, but they made many upgrades & new staff are fantastic .... they could not do enough for us .... thank you so much.
In addition, we had the most extrodinary, fantastic & original dinner, in their new restaurant, called "The Kitchen"
.... well done everyone; my favourite small Boutique Hotel in Kiev, just got much, much better; the staff were outstanding:-))

Room Tip: My favourite is Room 101; adjacent to Reception, or, Room 206
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business