“Authentic italian with great food and soso service”
Review of Vero Vero

Vero Vero
Ranked #43 of 2,293 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Nicely located in Podol district with open air terrace. I had good spaghetti with octopus and capers and a tasty, not dry, fried snapper with cherry tomatoes and polenta with truffled. Home made bread, reasonable prices. Waiters a bit slow, brought parmesan for octopus. Overall endorsed but Pantagruel is better

1  Thank Corrado_foodpasha

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice and cozy place in the heart of Podil in Kiev. In summer there are 2 option: to sit outdoors in the park or to take a sit in the closed terrace. I don't like to eat when someone is passing very close to me or playing ball nearby, so i've chosen the second option. I visited the restaurant with my friend. At the ver beginning we have ordered bruscettas (with eggplants and with pear, proshutto and gorgonzola), they were delicious. We have also ordered the raspberry lemonade and spritz cocktail which were good. They we ordered the salads (one with tuna and one with veal). The composition was pretty original yet overall taste appeared to be average, not very tasty. Also we have taken chicken which was a bit gummy:) ice-cream and coffee was ok. If to evaluate the service, I must admit it was very good. The waiter was attentive and nice, pretty quick and polite. I don't think I will ever attend this place again as food taste is very important for me...and I was not happy with it:(

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This place has charisma, it's good dafinitely nice for date. The food was good but not more. Felt a bit cold emotionally there it's not cozy as I said before it would be a great fit for dates.

1  Thank alexanderg386
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great attentive service, excellent food quality, decent wine list. Must try the bruschettas and risotto. The terrace in summer is beautiful, but service is a bit slower on the terrace rather than indoors. Great venue both for lunch and dinner.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

The sofas are dirty, the service is awfully slow, the food is being brought cold due to long way from the kitchen. The portions are small; tgey brought is smoothy without pipe, cappuchino without cinnamon and chocolate. I went with the baby outside to see the fontain, and then could not enter while the security guy blocked the way for us. Waiter did not speak English and Ukrainian, only Ru, was unattentive and understood the order wrong. The cuisine is nothing special.

2  Thank Daria P