“Excellent Service”

Sutra Indian Restaurant
Ranked #185 of 2,450 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Only all these components together can provide you with ideal rest and emotional balance. This approach is the core principle of a new Indian restaurant which is called Sutra. In indian restaurant Sutra not only everything is thought through to the finest details. Here it all consists of them. The interior gives out chick and exquisiteness. It often happens that the plush décor is a fake and it d
Reviewed June 14, 2018

I was amazed with the service. ofcourse the food taste good and it is very delicious. Above all the service of Kate and Lena is exemplary. I went to sutra in a taxi, but when i got there i had 500 uah note. do not have small notes for taxi. So i went into resturant and asked Kate for smaller notes. Instead of giving me change she told its ok, she went to taxi and paid the bill. Ofcourse later i asked her to include the taxi fare in my dinner bill. I was very much impressed. I don't think others would be kind enough to do this kind of help. we don't get this kind of service even in a 5 star hotel in India. Been to Indian hotel in US and UK too, but never felt this much satisfied. The interior of the restaurant is very beautiful.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

I am not a fan of Indian cuisine but this restaurant was spectacular... decoration was excellent and service extremely good (although they took time to bring the dishes). We order many different dishes and all of them had a good presentation and delicious flavor. I cannot list the dishes as I don’t remember the names.

It is a sure bet to visit it.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

So we fell in love with Indian cuisine while traveling through the South Asia and decided try it here in Kyiv.
Actually there are not many restaurants of Indian cuisine in Kyiv in fact. So we decided to take Sutra. The design is ... expensive I would say. So are the prices.
But for such prices you expect some appropriate service. When we explained that we need vegan options of food we’ve been offered just fried vegetable balls.
- Ok, but that stuff is not what we came for, we were looking for Indian cuisine? Can your offer some more vegan options?
-No, I think we can’t (Which usually means some dishes come already cooked and just need to be heated up. But why you need chef than?)
- Can you talk to chef?
- But usually any rest we’ve been recently easily offered dishes without animal ingredients.
- Ok, Ill talk to chef.... No, we can’t do anything about it.

So that’s it.
I would not say we are super peevish guests. That’s a rare occasion we leave restaurant without order.
But I’m sure when you charge more, you have to offer more in service.

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

The said restaurant interior design is simply wonderful and mind blowing although is the food and there attention to details is simply astonishing.
Very classy but a bit expensive but worth every dime for sure.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

After a couple of nights surviving primarily on pizza's / bread and cheese, Sutra was very welcome relief! The decor is excellent, as is the service. Reasonable size portions but great tasty food. We ordered the dishes "spicy" and boy did the chef not disappoint us. Great black daal and panner tikka masala - probably one of the better ones I have had across so many countries! My friends enjoyed the Gulab Jamun and Ras Malai for dessert. Yes, the prices are high (for Kiev), but the food & service make it all worthwhile...

1  Thank Milan M