“Lunch in Kiev”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Salhouse, United Kingdom
“Lunch in Kiev”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Normally we eat in pazata hata that's good but for a little extra try Katyusha far more tasty, bigger choice
I tried some Siberian dishes which where excellent
All the food was very well cooked speedy delivery and good service will be visiting again before I leave Kiev

Visited April 2014

• Polish first
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great food and good beer”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I am not so well informed about Ukrainian culture as in to affirm that this is true Ukrainian food. In spite of that, Katyusha has very good vareniki, nice fish dishes and a good variety of borsch. It also has very good Ukrainian beer, which does not cost much.
I always alternated between Puzata Hata and Katyusha for a better dinning and both never let me down. The only problem with Katyusha is that they do not offer good wine. If you really need to drink wine, though, make sure that the waiter will serve you wine from a closed bottle; in my case, the Georgian wine I asked for tasted like vinegar.

Visited October 2013
Kiev, Ukraine
“I like the prices, soviet style and books”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I think "Katyusha" is very cozy and nice. I was born in the USSR so I feel nostalgy sitting in such interior and even reading menu - a lot of cuisines are from my childhood:)
Sometimes the service is not very quick, but there are some book-shelves and a lot of pencils, so you may entertain yourself. The food is tasty and rather cheap. I eat in "Katyusha" rather often, good place.

• Visited December 2013
Gambrills, MD
“Good food, disjointed service”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I visited this restaurant twice, once for dinner and once for breakfast. Since I was there in the fall, on the first visit I tried their advertised pumpkin special (pumpkin soup), and it was good but not great. My friend had Siberian pelmeni, and had to send them back to the kitchen for sour cream, but said they were tasty once the staff brought the pelmeni back. On the weekend I went there for breakfast, and was pleased with the cheese omelette, crepes and tea for under 30 grivna. The waiter did not show me the breakfast menu, but luckily I found it on the table folded up behind the salt and pepper. The atmosphere is "Soviet nostalgia" and the tv even played old news stories with Gorbachev.

• Visited October 2013
Donetsk, Ukraine
“Disgusting food, negligent staff!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The restaurant is a bright example of how a great idea can be ruined by careless implementation. Cozy nostalgic atmosphere, a well-composed menu on the one hand, absolutely tasteless food and careless waiters on the other. We'd been waiting for 20 minutes until the waiter finally noticed us and took the order. The chicken soup was just an unsolted oily water, blistering a tongue. Dumplings looked like they'd been boiled yesterday and just heated before serving.
So, if you wanna taste genuine Ukrainian food, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER go there!!! At the best case you'll be disapрointed, at the worst - you'll have a stomach ache as I had after that wonderful dinner.

• Visited November 2013