“Bright, interesting, and very fun”

Ukrainian Guide - Kiev Tours
Ranked #31 of 112 Tours in Kiev
More attraction details
Owner description: A guiding service with face - tours from a private guide. Ukrainian Guide – this is my personal project dedicated to develop tours of the highest level – tours which have a soul, character and charisma. Guide service with a face means direct cooperation with me – private guide Oksana - from your very first message. I offer a wide range of variable tours – from 2 hours to the full day tailored tour. For groups 1- 4 people I provide transportation by myself being a driver and a guide. Program is made individually upon a request and can include: 1. Kiev city tour, which covers such sites as Golden Gate, St. Sophia Cathedral , St. Andrew Church and Decent, Independence Square, House with Chimeras, Motherland, and some others. 2. Great Patriotic War Museum. 3. Kiev-Pechersk Lavra (caves) Monastery. 4. Entertaining: Shooting tours, cruise tours, quad-riding. 5. Authentic and off the beaten tours: Ukrainian village exploration, private residence visits, ethnic festivals and fairs.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bright, interesting, and very fun”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Oksana guided us for a day when we visited the Ukraine last August. She was fantastic. She has an enthusiastic way about her that made Kiev seem more fun through her joy and curiosity. Best guide I've ever toured with!

Visited August 2013

New York City
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful day in Kiev !”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough great things about Oksana and my day in Kiev. She picked me up at my hotel with her own car , and I felt immediately comfortable and at ease speaking with her , and I knew I made the right decision having her as my personal guide. I had the great pleasure of visiting St Volodymyr Cathedral , Pechersk Lavra Caves Monastery , Statue of Rodina Mat , The House with Chimeras ( the outside ) ,St Sophia Cathedral, St Andrews Church , St Michael Carhedral , and the Friendship Arch. A great highlight was lunch at a Ukrainian restaurant , and a visit to a food market . I asked her if there was a chocolate store that I could buy as gifts back home , and she drove me to a local store. She also helped me find the best prices when purchasing souvenirs in a outdoor market. Oksana speaks perfect English , and is very knowledgable about Ukrainian history and modern politics concerning the Ukraine . Thanks Oksana !

2 Thank doxiegirllover
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent personalized tours!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was in Kiev on business for 2 days and accompanied by my wife, who had never been to Kiev before. Since I had no time to explore the city with her, I looked to TripAdvisor for recommendations. Based on the other reviews, it sounded like Oksana would be a good match, and I can confirm what others have written before me. Oksana is a great tour guide: knowledgeable, engaging, adaptable to the personality and interests of her client, and determined to show as much as she can of her country to visitors. In our case, based on my wife's preferences, she combined walking tours of the central sights with driving to more remote destinations, including an "outdoor museum" that intrigued my wife and that would be a little difficult to get to on your own. Oksana provides not only basic information, but context, both historical and in terms of current events, and reflective of the sentiment of the population. My wife enjoyed the first day so much that she went on another outing with Oksana on the second day, and was able to cover a lot of ground. In sum, if you are interested in an individualized guide who loves her city and country, is knowledgeable and engaged, and a pleasure to spend time with, you won't go wrong with Oksana!

Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very personal service and very organized”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I emailed Oksana based on these reviews. I made a difficult and unusual request. We wanted to visit some Ukrainian beekeepers who still keep bees in the older traditional method. She did not know anything about bees but she researched and found two beekepers out in the country who were willing to have us come and visit. We chose one and she drove us out there and did an excellent job of translating including learning all the beekeeping terms! This is above and beyond type of service among guides we have hired over the years. Also, in one day she gave us an excellent tour of the city for an overview. She is smart and educated and very entertaining in the stories she chooses to tell about her city.. She does not follow a script and is spontaneous and flexible. . she gave us all kinds of tips, like what brand of bottled water to buy and where to buy a fabulous cheap lunch. She is a lovely, articulate and poised young woman and we would highly recommend her. OUr only regret is that she was booked the rest of the week, so get an appointment with her early!

Visited September 2013
Vilnius, Lithuania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The best way to spend half day between the flights”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We've had a 'gap' of 6 hours between the flights in Kiev airport, and Oksana's '3 hours in Kiev' tour in Kiev was the best possible option to spend this time. The tour was great! And Oksana herself is a very warm and nice person. I never thought it's possible to see and find out so much in a few hours about the new big city as Kiev. And everything what we've seen, heard and experienced was extremely interesting. Oksana's knowledge is incredible, excellent service (including pick up and drive back to the airport), and she adjusts flexibly to each tourist needs. Oksana is highly recommended guide in Kiev!

Visited September 2013