“Excellent place, great views”
Review of Shato Robert Doms

Shato Robert Doms
Ranked #31 of 1,874 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Russian, Eastern European, Central European, Ukrainian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: "Slavutych Brewery Shato" is one of the oldest restaurants in Kiev. For about 10 years our guests are pleased with delicious beer that is brewed up in the restaurant. "Slavutych Silver," "Slavutych Golden", "Slavutych Platinum", "Slavutych Bronze" - the quality and taste of these drinks leaves no one indifferent.The most delicious beer in the city, high-quality world and Ukrainian cuisine, spacious two-storied building - rating restaurants in Kiev has repeatedly proved popularity of "Slavutych Brewery Shato" among visitors and residents of the capital.
Nyon, Switzerland
“Excellent place, great views”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great view of Kreschatyk Street, top notch borscht and local meat dishes and great local brew: what's not to love about Shato? Reasonably priced for a capital city as well - the dining outside experience is a great opportunity to people watch.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Worthing, UK
“So good we ended up there twice”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had already looked this place up on Trip Advisor and fortunately it was very near the hotel we were staying at. The food was OK but the beer was amazing so that is why we went back. The fact that they brew their own beer is great and they really were delicious. It is quite a nice place ie the stag parties walked straight past it thank goodness. The first time we went upstairs and sat overlooking the street - we ordered a pork dish that didn't look great but was supposed to taste very nice. Being faced with a long list of meat dishes, the vegetarian amongst us chose the pizza which although not adventurous was at least delicious. The second time we sat at street level and watched the world go by and tried yet another home brewed beer.

Prices for the beers ranged from 25 - 35 hryvnia for 0.5 litres of beer ie £2 - £2.80 a pint roughly. As we travelled round Ukraine we realised this was on the high side but it is a very nice place to hang out and watch the world go by

1 Thank LJHWorthing
“24-hour-working micro brewery in the city centre!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This nice pub/restaurant with its own microbrewery is a common project of the biggest restaurant chain in Ukraine and the local Carlsberg subsidiary. It's located on a top location at the main street in Kiev, brews 4 types of their own lager and dark beer and works 24 hours which immediately makes it one of the most favourite places to visit for foreigners and guests of the city. The menu offers a good choice of international cuisine with a focus on meat (what I have tried so far was quite tasty, I would recommend to you the marinated beef tenderloin and their Zurich steak as well as the Slavutych Bronze dark beer) in a combination with some typical Ukrainian dishes (I was terrified by some strange meals in the menu like smoked and fried pig ears for instance). I love sitting on their summer terrace especially during the weekends when the Kreshatyk street is closed for cars and turns into a pedestrian area. I like the atmosphere of the venue in general, their staff is English speaking and very kind, but what I didn't like is the slow service when you order meals; the other negative thing that I could say about this venue is the above average for Kiev prices for such a type of a pub/restaurant... One other not a very positive comment - I checked there at Foursquare and got a message that I will get 20% discount on all meals and drinks but when I asked the waiter/administrator about it I was told that I will get a small beer for free if I leave a positive comment on the venue there...

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Perfect place if you are planning to grab some food and beer while in Kyiv. Excellent service! Spent a night there watching soccer game.

1 Thank Buffonka
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Avoid Avoid and Avoid”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have written quite a few reviews and I tend to rate restaurants from 3-5. I should have taken the advice of the last reviewer when he couldn't believe this was rated #1 in Kiev. That is truly an insult to so many good restaurants in Kiev. We went to this restaurant at 3:00 on a Monday afternoon. There was a table of one when the four of us arrived. The waitress promptly came over and took our drink and food order. I tried the light beer that is made at this restaurant and it was nothing special at all. I ordered chicken kiev for 125 HUA which amounted to $14. My meal arrived 40 minutes after I ordered. The chicken kiev tasted like it came reheated from the frozen food section, along with canned peas and potatoes. I'll let you decide whether it tasted any good. We also ordered calamari for 70 HUA and it was simply terrible as well. 30 minutes after we waited for our food, the server came over and said our food would come in a few minutes. Normally in a restaurant who cares about their customers, something should have been comped. After that, the server avoided us like the plague. When she handed us the bill which we asked for, she quickly set it down and ran off. I simply can't imagine how this restaurant would function with more than 10 customers at one time? I would never ever recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank minnesotans4