“Day tour to Chernobyl, great experience to know what happened and what's going on there”
Review of Eurofantours Day Tours - CLOSED

Eurofantours Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Eurofantours is a private company from Kyiv (Ukraine) created for people who love the comfort in everything, regardless of place and time. Organization of comfortable rest is the main challenge that we set ourselves as the goal.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I joined the day tour to Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant because I, as a Japanese suffering similar situation to Chernobyl, wanted to know what happened there in the past. And I believe it was worth to do!
It began with an impressive film about the accident in 1986. On the way from city center in Kyiv, we watched the 1.5 hour film, and it explained the overview of the accident perfectly. Inside the gate 30 km from the power plant, a tour guide explained every detail by very specific examples. Also he answered literally all the questions we had. Without such guides, it would be very difficult to know what's happening there, because the whole town looked like normal, quiet rural town. Through this tour, I acquired whole picture of such accident, so I strongly recommend this tour if you want to know about the accident.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank Daisuke S

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had wanted to visit Chernobyl for a long time, the opportunity arose during a 3 month motorcycle tour of Europe. This tour needs to be booked well in advance as entry to the Exclusion Zone is controlled by the Ukraine Government. As I wasn't sure when I would be in Kyiv this made planning both for me and Anton from Eurofantours quite difficult. I agreed with Anton to book the tour and then change the date as and when I new when I would be able to do the tour, all of this was handled by Anton and it all happened perfectly despite the short notice I eventually gave him!
On the day the tour was very well presented, the guide was hugely informative and had a nice friendly personality that helped lighten what is a very sad subject.

I will come back one day to do the extended tour and I'll be booking it through Anton again without a doubt.
If you are planning on doing this tour then these are the people to speak to.
Thoroughly recommended!!!

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I booked 2 tours with Eurofantours, the Chernobyl tour and the Babuska tour.
Both tours were exceptional and very will organized. We learned at lot on the Chernobyl tour.
The Babushka tour was heart warming. We had never been to the Ukraine but my husbands ancestors are from the Ukraine. Anton took us to his grandmothers house, to see the medical clinic and the school in the village. We had lunch with the mayor of the village. We were treated like family and learned to much about rural life in the Ukraine....so different from Kiev. The meals we were served were absolutely delicious traditional Ukrainian food. Highly recommended and an experience we will never forget.

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank Lynn A
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very friendly guide, perfect contact via Email, we booked our tours at home in Germany, everything went as expected, all information we needed was provided, the guide even booked a table in a restaurant for us after the tour, very cool tip, we would never have found that place on our own! Would always book here again!

Date of experience: May 2013