“Nice hostel”

Ranked #2 of 371 Specialty Lodging in Kiev
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Nice hostel”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hostel is good. The only problem was that when we arrived at 2am, the receptionist awoke two guys who were sleeping in our dorm room. They dressed and didn't realized what was happening. That was strange.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Aleksandr Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tilburg, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed in this hostel for four nights with a group of 27 people. We received excellent service and the staff was very helpfull and enthusiastic! We have enjoyed our stay very much and the location was ideal. If you think of going to Kiev we strongly recommend this hostel, you will not regret it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank Yvette W
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at Gagarin hostel 4 nights this May. It's a nice and cozy hostel, near Klovska station, not far from the centre, everything is at a walking distance, firendly staff, clean rooms. I recommend it to those who'd like to visit Kiev.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank MarinaMalova
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hostel itself is very good and clean, it is very near the city center, you can walk to the main square and Khreschatyk street, but it is in a quiet very nice street. The staff is so kind and helpful, they helped us about absolutely everything we needed around the city and trips outside Kiev. I went there with a big group and had to organize a one day trip outside Kiev, Dnieper cruise, and they helped me organize it and found a local guide. Also they gave me useful information about anything I needed. I don't think I have ever had that kind of experience in any hostel around Europe! I would strongly recommend the Gagarin hostel to anyone, you will get low prices and great service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank ivanamandic23
Reviewed April 2, 2013

So nice location and helpfully personal. ..just few minutes to metro its also so useful for yours transfers to somewhere of ctiy.housekeeping personals so nice working thanks for all ...you have always tea or. Something at the kitchen. ..

• Stayed March 2013
8 Thank YTURAN
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were a group of 31 finnish students who travelled during our semester period to Kiev. We stayed for one week in Gagarin Hostel, which is located very close to the city center (maybe 10min from Khreshchatyk street) yet the close neighbourhood was very quiet. I was our trip organizer and everything was very easy for me because of the great help from the Hostel staff.

Even before our trip I got great information via e-mail, the hostel e.g. organized us a group transport from and back to the hostel, a free walking tour in Kiev and helped us organize an unforgettable 1-day visit to Chernobyl. Everything went well for our group and even though we were sometimes very noisy during the evenings (I apologize for this!) they treated us well. From the experiences I have of hostels this must be the most clean and overall best I have stayed in. My friends agree with me that for the price we paid it was probably the best decision for staying in Kiev by far. We even got our sheets changed and rooms cleaned up during our stay! Everything is safe as there are big lockers where you can close your important and valuable items in (E.g. my whole travel bag fitted in!).

If I ever should travel to Kiev again I will have an easy decision choosing Gagarin Hostel as my place to stay. Everything was handled very professionally but with a blink in the eye (we received gifts such as T-shirts and also other complimentary items from the staff!). With this kind of hospitality you don't even want to leave.

My comment may sound a little overly flattering but believe me, I have seen some bad hostels, some mediocre ones and good ones. This for the time being ranks as the best hostel I have visited. Once more I'd like to thank the staff for their hospitality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
19 Thank Teemu654
Mariya S, Owner at Gar'is Hostel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guests!
Thank you so much for choosing Gagarin Hostel and staying with us!
It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you at Gagarin Hostel and helped you to explore our charming city.
We will sincerely very glad to see you again!
The best wishes for you and your friends from our team!
Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Hostel is really interesting! I've stayed there about 3 days, it's not far from the metropolitan station called "Clovska". The room is comfortable, and it's atmosphere is pretty calm for a hostel!
Service is friendly and girl from reception sweet and allways smiles to you! Hostel have a kitchen wich is jointly with a hall, and it have lot of space. Shower and rest room are clean and cosy. For those who stays on few days highly recommended!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
19 Thank Alexandr N
Mariya S, Owner at Gar'is Hostel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback.
We will be so glad to see you again soon at our cozy hostel.
Best service and comfort are guaranteed.
All the best,