“When We visited Kiev in 2011”

Premier Hotel Lybid
Ranked #44 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“When We visited Kiev in 2011”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Me and my daughter were finishing up our 5 week holiday in Ukraine when we went to Kiev for the last week. I had booked the hotel before leaving Poltava. It was clean and close to most everything we wanted to see. But the beds were hard to sleep on and the shower was very small for me as I am a very large man. I am not sure I will go back to Hotel Lybid on my next trip. I hope to find a hotel or apartment with a nicer bed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank The_Mighty_Drehra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kyiv
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Good location, good price, wifi rarely works for morethan five minutes, "24 hour." room service won't deliver from food menu once resteraunt closes, room service very slow, greater than one hour wait time.
If you felt like an elevator ride, you could just go down to the lobby and pick up food at resteraunt, or drinks at bar.

Polite, helpful front desk staff, polite helpful resteraunt staff. Resteraunt food about on par with Dennys in the U.S. but slightly higher priced. Fridge in room nice, less than 20 channels on "satellite " t.v. mostly news.

Working Wifi sure would have been nice.
Sheets without holes might have been nice too.

But overall not bad at all for a two star hotel. Is it a two star hotel?

• Stayed July 2014

Travelers are raving about these Kiev hotels

Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well located, and it has a good bar at the bottom of the hotel, although we purchased 5 games of pool and it equated to about 40 pounds, so watch out for that. The staff were very friendly in helping us get a taxi, and sorted a nice room out for us, would recommend.

Stayed September 2013
Kongens Lyngby, Kobenhavn, Denmark
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was my fourth stay at Hotel Lybid. Over the years time has taken its toll, but in all you will enjoy Hotel Lybid for its friendly and very helpful staff, the Best True Ukrainian Breakfast Buffet in Kiev - and to an affordable price, given value for money well spend. Located within 10 minutes walk to Central Station, 5 minutes to The Botanic Garden - and are you exploring Kiev by foot, you can easily walk to the center by the small streets or by the boulevards.

Room Tip: Select a suite - you can value for money and for sure enjoy the extra space given
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Israel
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Centrally located,reasonably priced,good for short stays,clean,but needs some face lift up.
Durring the brakefast had to wait for teh coffe for 10 minutes,it was not ready the same for veggie salad.Small rooms for double room,old sheets and towels,only one set of toileterries,small working desk,sometimes wifi was really problematic,at some point at night noise from other rooms had heard.Very friendly personell at the reception,not very well trained at the dining room,safe deposit box for charge

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sumartin, Croatia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

When planning for our first trip to Ukraine, this hotel was recommended to me because of its nice location and for being in the "middle-class" of the hotels in the city. That stands as the the hotel indeed has a nice location, close to the center of the city. Also, the breakfast is very diverse and nice.
And this is about where the positive aspects of our stay in this hotel end. These are our experiences in hotel Lybid:
The hotel is (despite renovations) still quite socialist-looking but nice. First what you see upon entering the hotel, even before reaching reception which is behind the corner are a couple of bodyguards which "welcome" you with their "heartwarming" look and right after them are a couple of working girls.
Very few people speak English fluently and getting some information about the surrounding area is really quite an undertaking (I had to question three different people just to reveal the location of the nearest post office).
Also, there was a lot of confusion about payments. When we arrived, the lady on the reception insisted that we pay in advance for the three nights we have reserved which was the first time on my travels. Also, they accept only local currency which we didn't have enough so I asked if they could exchange my Euros on the reception so I could pay. She replied that the exchange office is closed and that we exchange the money tomorrow after it opens at 9 o'clock. I explained that we were going to a whole-day trip from early in the morning till evening and she assured me that the office will be opened at the time we come back. We payed the deposit and went to the room.
Upon entering the room we realized it is one of the smallest we saw in our lives, the beds are extremely narrow and short, suitable only for sleeping on the back and not moving too much. Bathroom is also extremely crowded; toilet bowl, sink and shower are cramped in about 2 square meters.
Next day, upon returning from the trip, I went to pay the bill and my brother went to the room. He found out that they disabled our room keys because we still didn't payed for the service (because we couldn't as they wouldn't let us). He found that out after some yelling from the maid which didn't know a word of anything but her native language, let alone english... On the reception, I found out that the exchange office is outside the building (a reception which doesn't exchange money...?) but the bodyguards wouldn't let me go out until I payed the deposit again for the next day. Very, very confusing and unprofessional.
Also the price is really too high for a service of this kind. Before booking, I also inquired about the parking for our car and was quite unpleasantly surprised when they replied that they charge it (around 7-8 Eur per night). I was even more unpleasantly surprised when I saw that the parking is just the area in front the reception, without any cover for cars or control.

As said, location and breakfast are good, but everything else is very unprofessional. We could have survived the inconveniences during our stay, but not also the rude, unhelpful and unpleasant staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dorian K
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

A friend and I stayed in this hotel for one night. The room was very small but clean and we had a nice view. Breakfast was included and surprisingly good. The staff were not very friendly but when I asked for directions to the centre, the lady at the front desk directed me to a nice man who printed out a map for us. Next time I am in Kiev I would look for a better location - closer to the centre and other attractions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends