“Should of listened to the terrible reviews.”

Premier Hotel Lybid
Ranked #42 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed June 12, 2013

A good location, very busy street though and sometimes got too loud. Food was meh.. Our bathroom was disgusting. AC barely works. TV only suitable with a magnifying glass. Wifi signal terrible on the 13th floor. Flinstone style mattress. Reception and business centre was helpful other then that it was very unpleasant. Take my advice DON'T stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank sessionsss

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This would be one of the worst Hotels I have ever stayed at at far as very rude non help staff go.
The hotel is very tired and in need of upgrading. The the main thing was just how un helpful the staff were.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SteveBaldwin-NZ
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for two nights. Clean and tidy .Breakfast good . Nice bar. Not far from the centre of Kiev.Ideal for business or pleasure.Restaurant does a lot of local dishes. Always a taxi available.Staff very helpful

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank villamart1968
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel is a good experience of the Soviet period and I regarded as a positive
Thing. Single bed is really small- more like jounior size. Air-condition was not
Working since it was not summer although temperature was 27 centigrade.
I was advised to open the window but the noise from the street was very loud
And I was at the 17th floor. Breakfast was a good surprise. Many wrote about
The hookers in the bar - but it is really not a problem especially at my age.
They work in the club -shows start at 20:00 cost about $ 10 to enter in order
Attract more "service" .
overall the hotel is good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank izzy62
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel was not too good. The room I got was stinky and the bathroom didn't work very well. But, in the first floor there was a "gentlemens bar" with dancing ladies with not too much clothes on (sometimes the clothes were all gone..:).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Karsten G
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in Lybif for six nights in April 2013. I was with three friends. The check-in went smoothly, even though one of our group had been dropped from the reservation (we changed the reservation just before the trip). So, the single room was changed to a twin in an upper floor - not bad! Floors eight and nine were good for sleeping, the traffic did non bother us. The room in ninth floor had a wooden floor (which would have been nice for me), in eighth it had a carpet.

The rooms were roomy enough and quite tidy. The beds were hard, which is good for me. Only complaint is that there was only one roll of toilet paper.

Breakfast was ample enough and it was served from 7 to 11 am, which was quite nice for a vacationer.

The large Ukraina shopping mall next door was quite convinied, as we could go to the food shop in the cellar and fill the fridge in the room with a minimal cost. Also, it has a nice "Apetit" cafe-bar on the hotel side. Cheap but good beer and tidbits.

The lobby bar was inhabited by the Seamstresses Guild members during working days, but they did not accost me of my friends.

In the morning before we left I ordered a taxi for three to the Boryspil airport from the reception. In was puctual and costed 350 Hrivna (35 €) - we even got a receipt from the driver!

One complaint though: In April the AC was set on heat only, regardless of the settings. However, the windows were openable, which was nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TJHelsinki
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I read several negative reviews about this hotel before I booked but I was prepared to give it a chance as I was on a limited budget. This hotel is a 3 star but it is well run by professional and courteous staff. It is clean and tidy and the rooms adequate for a tourist who is merely looking for a safe and comfortable room to sleep in at night. The breakfast was plentiful and most importantly the WIFI was free and worked well. The hotel was reasonably close to a metro station and the railway station whilst the reception stocked the best free map of Kiev I came across. Finally, I need not have worried myself over the reviews that criticize the Lybid's use of over charging taxis.......... the hotel found me a cheap deal on a taxi to the airport. I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo