1,028 results
All reviewsmaidan squarebusiness suiteindependent squarelocation is amazingthe heart of the citysoviet timessmall balconyold styleshopping mallbuffet breakfastcentral locationlobby barwi fivisit kievmetro stationukraineglobus
Reviewed November 18, 2011

An old hotel that is in a near perfect location. There are nicer places to stay nearby but one could do much worse than the Hotel Ukraine. Rooms are well worn but good size and decent bathrooms and beds/bedding. The entrance to the strip club off the lobby is a bit disconcerting but once you get past it you are good. I wouldn't eat in the hotel if I could avoid it. There are many great choices nearby. A bit of history for a western visitor. I have stayed at other modern, small hotels nearby which I would say are better values but this place is not bad.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2011

For many years the hotel situation in Kiev has been difficult for those who are looking for OK hotels at a decent price. You either had to choose the old Soviet style hotels or the ultra-expensive luxury hotels. Luckily this is about to change with the arrival of several mid-range hotels. Some of them are new, but Hotel Ukraine is not new. It has just become better.

I have stayed there 3 times, and I will for sure stay there again. First of all because the location is excellent, only a few meters from Kiev’s famous Independence Square (Maidan Nezalezhnosti). Second, because the prices are reasonable and the service is good.

The last two times my girlfriend and I had a nice room with balcony overlooking Maidan Nezalezhnosti. The room seemed to have been renovated recently, and it had both air-condition and internet connection (wired, not WLAN).

The only thing I can really complain about is the breakfast. The selection of hot dishes should have been better. But if you want to eat your breakfast somewhere else, just walk to Globus shopping center and order breakfast in one of the cafes there. It is only 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

So if you are looking for a good hotel in the center of Kiev and don't want to drain your wallet completely you should give Hotel Ukraine a try! :))

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Arrow79
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had a wonderful room for our 3 night stay in September 2011. I admit that I was somewhat concerned given the widely different opinions on this hotel. Our 6th floor suite room overlooked Independence Square. The extra spacce was a nice touch and the wife was very happy with it. You need to obtain your room key from the Floor Warden who does not speak any English which makes for interesting pantomime when you need additional toiletries or laundry. Breakfast is served in the main dining room and is quite ample. Business Center has several computers and printer available for a small fee; only open from 0900-1800.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Arrived at 22:30 and in the reception were two ugly looking unfriendly ladies. They did not speak english well and although I had vouchers for three single rooms and confirmation numbers on my vouchers, they told me that only for two rooms they had made arrangements. They hold our passports for the third room until the morning to check with their reservation office but due to that reason durring that night, we had a bad experience -as we went out for dinner after check in- with the police since we had no identity with us. We were arrested and stay at the police office for 1,5 hours and finally pay a fee of 70 Euro each person.
Old style smoky rooms, with no safe box, wifi for a fee in the reception area only, no restaurant but had a strip club open 20 hours a day, bad breakfast.
The only good thing is the location in the center of Kiev and 100 meters from the metro.
Keep away, bad experience

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank pediatros
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Excellent location, and we were lucky to get a refurbished room at a reasonable price - a last-minute booking. Some things about the hotel were great : location, our large and comfortable room,good welcoming receptionist who spoke good English, cups of tea available from the concierge on our floor, the bathroom, despite the strong blue tiling, all worked well.Some things were less good: having to put the fresh linen on our duvets and pillows on arrival, being charged 5 UAH for tea on day 1 and the concierge two days later telling us the price was 10 UAH -she was not amused when my husband joked about 100% inflation! Our TV seemed to be from an internet feed, and was constantly interrupted by a message indicaton a problem with the server, so you had to switch off and switch on again - and three minutes later the transmission was again interrupted......There is wifi in the hotel - but you must pay. The breakfast buffet was adequate, but no fruit. The direct phone in the room meant we could make local calls to landlines for free and calls to mobiles at a very reasonable rate. We telephoned a taxi company and booked a taxi to collect us at the hotel and take us to the airport on departure, and that worked very well. It cost us UAH175.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple